Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 08:47 AM   #1  

Default New to board

Hi all ...
Just started WW last Sunday and thought maybe it would be easier with some support and someone I had to be accountable to! I used WW about a year and a half ago and lost over 20 pounds ... quit journaling and have gained it all back, plus have managed to lard on a few extra pounds! I'm so mad at myself. So I'll be hanging out at the WW boards. Hope to make some new friends .... I really do need some buddies. Bev
Old 03-16-2004, 10:12 AM   #2  
Scott

S/C/G: 290/290/200

Default Welcome to the club!

Just wanted to say hi and welcome....I completely hear ya about taking off and then putting back on weight....I feel like I am the yo-yo king....HOWEVER, the first thing that I learned hear was that pretty much everyone has gone through these types of experiences.....and it has truly helped to listen to them!

I hope that you find what you are looking for in here.....goodluck and kick some diet BUTT!!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 11:01 AM   #3  
RAR

HI!Bev and welcome to the boards congrats on doing ww tht is a start just keep it up I feel like Nuggs the yo yo queen so keep posting and good luck RitaI think we all have going thru what you are going thru at least I have right now
Old 03-16-2004, 11:15 AM   #4  

Welcome to 3fc and you will find tons of support here. If I may offer a suggestion. Work on the brain. IT is where your problems are really stemming from and why we seem to bounce back and forth all the time. Take one issue at a time and work on it. If you are a tv eater, work on NEVER eating in front of the tv, if you binge, work on sitting back when the urge hits and deep breathing and staying away from food for at least 20 minutes before giving in to eating, EAT SLOWLY when you do eat. It takes aproximately 10 minutes for the brain to register you took a bite of food so if you relax and don't gulp your food, you will find that it takes less to fill you up. It goes on and on, but in this case I do highly recommend Dr Phil's book as his keys are right on as far as getting control of eating forever. I have lost over 100 lbs in a year, had slid back some, but everytime I saw that I was making bad choices, sat myself down and went back to square one to what was working for me in the first place, like the journaling, listing everything I ate etc. I am a HUGE proponent of exercise, which is probably hardest for people and easiest for me, which seems kind of funny because I used to be a huge couch potato!

Good luck and if there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Faye
Closed Thread