Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 11:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5'8.5

Talking Another Newbie-Help me!

hey all,
I have been on this site before, but have finally become a member. I am finally ready to overcome my weight problems. Failure is not an option in my case. I am very excited to reveal the real me. I feel like there really is someone inside of all this fat i carry around. I am 5'7 and weight about 270lbs. I have many goals as far as weight goals and they are not unrealistic. I have been reading Dr. Phil's book and decided to set my long term weight loss goal at 155 lbs. But in the meantime if i could loose 2-3 lbs per week and keep it off i will be happy. I really want to jump start my weight loss in a big way. I have a wedding coming up in 3 months(not mine but a friends that I am in) and i would love to reveal a slimmer me in that time. I really could use a buddy to help motivate and teach me about how to live healthy. Thanks=)
Old 02-25-2004, 11:56 AM   #2  
Must... Have... Patience!

Angry Welcome

Hi there!

I'm new too. I've been carrying a lot of weight around with me as well. I don't remember ever being thin. I'm 5'5" but I like to say I'm 5'6". I don't know how much I weigh, I'm gonna get a scale, but not yet. I used to be a compulsive weigher. I would get on the thing like 20 times a day only to say to myself, "What are you doing? You're still fat!" But I'm ready to be more patient this time.

I'd love to be one of your buddies. I can't teach you how to live healthy though, because apparently we all know how to do that. Eat nutrition-rich foods, get at least 8 hours of sleep a night, don't "snack" on a pint of Ben & Jerry's (Boy I'm gonna miss that), exercise, and drink water. All that we have to do now is to find out how to actually *do* it.

How do you plan to start your weight loss?

~Shayla
Old 02-25-2004, 12:28 PM   #3  

welcome cactuschyk and shayla. you two have come to the right place. you will find plenty of motivation and inspiration. really get in here and check out alot of the threads and don't be afraid to post. that is the only way we will learn who you are. hope to hear more from both of you. congrats on the decision to take this weightloss journey.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5'8.5

Default Re: newbie

shayla,
Hey thanks for replying. I am not sure how i will go about my weight loss completely. I know i have committed myself to exercise a minimum of 4 days per week. And i am trying to figure out about food. I have the dr. phil food guy so im gonna check into that. I really want a buddy because i think that having someone to be accountable to would help my process right along. What about yourself? How much weight do you have to lose and how do you plan on doing it? I noticed you said youn were a student in yourmprofile what are you majoring in?=)
Old 02-25-2004, 07:21 PM   #5  
Must... Have... Patience!

Arrow stuff...

Thanks for the welcome Audrey! I'll be sure to get in there and post.

cactuschyk,

I have to loose about 50lbs. *sigh* I got myself into this I have to get myself out. I'm a Policy Studies major, but that's just what I do so I can get a job after I get out. I'd really like to come back to school next fall looking fantabulous. But it'd be nice to lose like 20lbs by summer... but.. I'm not gonna whine if I don't.

As for what steps I'm taking, I want to keep things do able. I don't want to set myself up for a fall. I've done that so many times before. I always plan out the ideal route but then fail because I overdue it. I'll plan to exercise 5 times a week and eat great and not snack and it's just too much all at once. And when you do a ton of stuff you expect results 5x as fast. And I wasn't losing a dress size a week (like i wanted) and I was stretching myself to thin (not litterally of course ). So I'm gonna start slow with gradual points to incorporate into my daily regimen.

Points to Incorporate: 2/25/04 - 3/2/04

1. Drink Only Water (I carbonated beverages, so it's not that hard a switch)
2. NO Ice Cream
3. Never buy two of anything. 1 is enough. (I tend to make double orders of honey bbq chicken wings, six just ain't enough ~ but I guess now it will have to be eh?)

Once I do that for a week then I'll add more for the week of 3/3/04 - 3/9/04. I want to be able to maintain whatever I chose to do. I feel like going to the gym today though. Just to walk on the treadmill, no running yet. I've got to get into the swing of things.

cactuschyk, how is Dr. Phil's book? Does it help? For, exercise are you walking, or do you have a gym membership? We can definitely be accountable to each other. Good Luck!

~Shayla
Closed Thread