Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 02:02 PM   #1  
*~*~*

Talking Looking for a diet buddy Here or in Email

I'm looking for an e-mail diet buddy or a buddy on 3 fat chicks. I'm 28 yrs. 5'6 and have over 100 pounds to lose I'm not on any diet plan. I just stay away from fast food, try to eat healthy, eat smaller portions then I use to, drink water and exercise I'd like to be a diet buddy with a 25-32 yrs. women who also has 100 or a little more pounds to lose. I want to team up with someone who is actually eating not using pills, drinks, gums ect to lose weight I'v tryed it all only to gain the weight back when I started eating again I just started working on my weight. I have a lot to lose with summer coming I want to stick to my diet and I need all the support I can get If you are interested in becoming e-mail diet pals drop me an e-mail at [email protected]
Old 02-07-2004, 01:00 PM   #2  

Alexia -

I'm a little older (38) that you wanted to "buddy-up" with but I'm trying to lose 75+ pounds and am doing it with diet now and will be adding exercise shortley. I'm trying a physician-supervised program incorporating low-carbs and low-sugar. No sugar or anything with refined (white) flour, nothing in a box or a bag, only real, natural foods. I've lost almost 15 pounds in the last 4 weeks. I had minor knee surgery 1/29 so I'm still lame but will begin exercising (other than the physical therapy I'm doing now) in a couple of days now that I have movement back. This (3FC) is a great support group and I'm excited about having support. You can contact me anytime either by Private Message or e-mail.

- Claudia
Old 02-08-2004, 10:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Smile

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to jump in and say hi. I am in the same boat as you. I am 36yo with about 80lbs. to lose. I have been trying to cut out the sweets that I love. It's not easy but I am making some progress. In addition, I go to an aerobics class two times a week and have just signed up with a gym in town.

I would love a buddy or buddies to check in with every couple of days.

Claudia, 15 lbs. is awesome!!! Way to go.

Alexia, I am trying to do the same as you - eat smaller portions and excercise. It is not easy - but I am hoping that WHEN I see the scale drop a little that will give me the motivation needed to stick to it. Actually, my jeans are a little baggy in the legs but that darn scale hasn't budged!!

Anyway, I am hoping to do well. Somwtimes I wonder if I would do better with a strict eating plan. You know, like each meal planned out??

Anyway, post often and let's keep each other updated. I am fairly new here but I really love this site. I think we can find a lot of support here.

Take care and good luck to both of you.

Lynn
Old 02-09-2004, 04:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Default hey

hey, i fit! I'm 29. I've lost 44 pounds already, want to lose about 50 more for a total of right around 100. All I am doing right now is watching calories. Need to add exercise in soon, but yes I EAT!
Old 02-09-2004, 06:24 PM   #5  

I'm 64 and looking to lose about 100 pounds - have started to watch what I'm eating and to keep away from biscuits which seem to be my big problem. Have started walking and to-day I go to the gym for my initial program. Be interested to hear from anyone of similiar age who has tried every "diet" going.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:05 AM   #6  
*~*~*

Default Hi everyone

Hi! Charris, Your loss is Great I can't wait until I can get off 15 pounds I know how good that feels now to just learn to keep it off. My big problem is cake, icecream, hamburgers & Frys. Mmmmmmm Hello! Wisertime, I sure know what you mean about loose pants and a scale that dose not move, I know you can lose inches and not see the scale move, but it still bugs me . Hi! Keziah23, That's really great WOW You said you need to add exercise have you not been? I know I hate it with a pashion
Old 02-10-2004, 02:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Hey.. I'm 24 and looking to lose close to 60 or so... more would be nice. I'm discouraged since Ive only lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks.. I know once I get exercise in daily things will move faster.. but with the weather the way its been..

Hamburgers and fries... my favorite would have to be Wendy's... I limit those to a very special occasion. I'm doing WW on my own at home... counting points and drinking lots of water... well, not enough as I should but...

Good luck to all... keep everyone posted how you're doing!
Old 02-14-2004, 03:38 AM   #8  

Paragodess, don't get discouraged at losing 6 lbs. in 4 weeks, that is better than gaining it! Wendy's has a good caesar side salad and their chili is good. Try substituting that in place of the hamburgers and fries. I would like to lose at least 80 lbs. but will settle for 60 lbs. but can't seem to find any motivation right now. Also dealing with a sabbatoger in my household that isn't going to change anything in his lifestyle for me or himself. I have asked him to hide his cookies and candy somewhere else besides the pantry so I won't be tempted but he won't agree to make any changes because he finds it an inconvenience! Men!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hello everyone,

Well, it the needle finally moved! Only 2 pounds but i will take what I can get!

So how is everyone doing? Keziah, 44 lbs. without exercise?? That is excellent!

Margaret, did you go to the gym? How did it go? I have met twice with a trainer and I am going again on Monday. So far so good except for the situps. I did 15 and he said "give me 5 more". I thought I was going to die.

Paragoddess, I know what you mean about the weather. I am in CT and it has been so cold out. Today though it is going to 45!! woo hoo.

Magnolia, I know what you mean about motivation, but you came here right? And I am sorry to hear about that man in your house. Maybe he could buy snacks that are not tempting to you? Belive it or not, there are some cookies and candy that just don't appeal to me. I guess I am lucky, I am single so I just have to worry about myself. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this situation?

I hope you are all doing well, I will write more on Monday after my next gym appointment. I just signed up for a one year membership. It wasn't so bad walking in there. There are a variety of body types, everything from muscleheads in the weight area to people like me with a lot of weight to lose. I am going to try to go four times a week, spending some time on the treadmill then working on the machines.

Everyone write back when you can, let's keep each other updated.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:20 AM   #10  

Hi everyone,
I've got about 50 lbs to go and have been a bit discouraged lately. I'm trying to do more exercise and cut out the sugar and eat smaller portions. I had some success, but became anemic and gained weight back when I had to take iron pills. So I'm starting over and feel a bit discouraged, so I thought I'd try getting a little support.
Old 02-15-2004, 12:20 PM   #11  

[QUOTE=paragoddess] I'm discouraged since Ive only lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks.

From everything I've read and heard, one to two pounds a week is the maximum rate that's safe and healthy, so you're right where you should be if you can keep it going
Old 02-16-2004, 06:12 PM   #12  
*~*~*

Default Alexia's New hang out

They say you can't stick around in the buddy up room and post because its just to introduce yourself. So I made a new place to hang out you are all welcome to come and post there. I will be there posting offen so If you need a buddy come on over. Look in Miscellaneous Clubs My club is "Alexia's Together We Will Lose the Weight" I hope to hear from you!
Closed Thread