Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 12:44 PM   #1  

Talking Weight Watchers Anyone??

all I have lost 8 pounds in three weeks and am trying (without much success ) to exercise daily and drink my alotted amount of water. My mother and I both are dieting but she is on atkins and so we don't have alot of motivationn for each other. I am looking for a buddy that can pull me through my temptation to break my point limit (which is 24)
And just generally boost each other to exercise. I am currently at 214
and wish (ache is a better word for it) to be 135!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 01:17 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Angry Welcome to 3FC!

Check out the Weight Watchers Forum further down the screen. There's lots of info and support there.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:21 PM   #3  

I've been on Weight watchers for ages and am almost at my goal I'd be happy to help keep you motivated. It can be soooooooo hard!!! The one thing I loved about weight watchers was that if I went on a complete bender one weekend I coul;d always start over again. I found that happened one a month at least. One hint I found that really worked; When I started to lose motivation and feel out of control I would just bite the bullet and go weigh in. Even if it was early. I always felt like it was a fresh start after the weigh in. Hope that helps.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:02 PM   #4  

W - I do weight watchers also - I do it on my own because of budget constraints - I have done it before and have had great success but due to a great success of gaining the weight back I am at it again - this time when I hit goal I am going to join (even if I have to return bottles lol) for the maintainance! I have been at it for 4 weeks and have lost also (my stats are in my signature) For motivation I go exercise on my treadmill even if I am so tired and I also am going to try on one piece of clothing that I suspect might fit that did not fit before I started losing weight (did that today - and it worked!!!! It fit!!) Good luck!
Old 02-08-2004, 09:13 PM   #5  

I have been on WW for 4 weeks,and dropped 12 lbs. I don't consider that too bad,considering that I shun exercise! LOL
I have been on it before,and lost 11 lbs,then I got pregnant.I gained ALOT when I was pregnant (almost 70 lbs!...OUCH!) I had alot of water gain. Anyway,I am trying to lose more,and WW really has worked for me.I just like the fact that I don't have to stick to certain foods. I eat alot of fruits and veggies,and drink lots of water.If I would just exercise!
Anyway,I just had to put my 2 cents in!

-Nancy
Old 02-09-2004, 09:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Nanner- right there with you about exercise.. I have a 11 month old and work 7-4 M-F.. so when I get home I have 3 hours before bed and the weekends.. so I kinda make him my priority over Exercise.. once it gets warmer it'll be easier to go walk and stuff.. What have you done to lose the 12 lbs? I've been on it 4 and have lost 6... which I'm not complaining about.. heheh
Old 02-09-2004, 03:30 PM   #7  

goddess-
HI!
I don't know how I did it! I just started the program.I drink LOADS of water.I have a water bottle that I pack wherever I go.Plus,I am one of those that drops weight real fast in the beginning,then slows down. I am a bit moer active here lately,too.I have even had a couple days where I just totally blew my points...there have been 2 of them.It's on the weekend,when me and my husband go out to eat.The french fries call to me!!
but that has been twice,and I went right back to what I was doing.I eat all the time,too! I just eat alot of fat free,and high fiber.I bought some bread this weekend,and it's 1 point for 2 slices.I eat tons of fruit and veggies! I like to eat,I have just changed my habits.I feel alot better.I was really bad after I had the baby.I ate junk all the time.I just got tired of feeling like crap! I have managed to keep my points at the low end of my range (24-29 pts.)everyday. If you have any more questions,letme know.
More or less,I have just found some great foods out there that cost me very few points per serving,so I eat all the time! It's great! I never realized what good food they have out in the stores now,because I was always too busy looking for cookies and chocolate milk! The fat free stuff actually tastes good to me! Go Figure!
Anyway,I am actually having fun with it,and I make it a game everyday.Sometimes I get kinda irritated when my dh breaks out the Ben and Jerry's! I just give him a dirty look,get my grapes,and avoid him till he's done!
Sorry this is long....I talk too much!!

-Nanner
Old 02-10-2004, 03:08 PM   #8  

Nanner- Sounds like you've got it goin on! Your attitude is fabulous. What kinds of things have you found that are actually good and worth few points? I've found the Nature's Own Light Honey Wheat Bread (1 pt for 2 slices) and that's become a household staple... I also found the baby rice caked (Quaker I think) that are 9 for 1 point with all kinds of different flavors.. I know my activity level will increase once my baby starts walking and we can play outside and stuff... we don't go out much right now since its cold and dreary.. we're fighting off an ear infection as it is now ... so next month will start getting warmer so we'll be outside more... on the average, how much water do you drink a day? I'm averaging about 64 oz or so... on top of diet soda every once and a while...

Well, I've rambled enough for now.. keep in touch!

Jess
Old 02-11-2004, 10:52 AM   #9  

Hey goddess-
Sorry to hear about the baby's ear infection! My girl has had quite a few in the year and 1/2 that she has been here.I know how it is!
Yes,our activity level will increase when it gets nicer out.Actually,we are going to go to town today and walk around town for awhile.Change of scenery and a little fresh air always makes me feel better.We have been stuck inside for a couple days due to rain and snow,so I thought we would get out while it's sunny,and the temp. is up a bit.(before the snow hits again tonite! I'm sick of winter!!!)
As far as the foods go,I get Earthgrains 35 Hearty wheat bread.It's really good.That kind you get sounds good,too! I may have to try it.I also get Orville Reddenbachers 94% fat free butter popcorn.Yummy! It's like 1 point for 5 cups or something like that! It's really good,too.I buy alot of Smart ones,Healthy Choice,and Lean Cuisine,of course. Smuckers sugar free concord grape jam is really good! 0 points for 1 tbsp.,too.I eat alot of toast and jam in the mornings now! I don't know if you have tried any of the Smart ones desserts,but I bought the double fudge cake the other day,and it is so yummy!!! Really cured my chocolate craving...and only 3 points! Edy's has All fruit sorbet that I buy,and it's good.I think it's 3 points for 1/2 C. I eat lots of chicken breast with rice. I eat rice all the time.My dh is a mac and cheese freak,so whenever he has that,or something else that costs alot of points,I fix some rice.I bought some Egg Beaters the other day.It was the first time I had tried them.I wasn't impressed,unfortunately! I thought they tasted like the carton. I think I'll stick with regular egg whites instead.I make egg white omelets alot,with green pepper,onions.I do put one slice of american cheese on them ,too.Only 4 points! Those "Quakes" rice cakes are really good! I always get the chocolate ones! Cures the craving for chocolate,too! I just bought that Tropicana Essentials Light and Healthy OJ.Really Good!! And 1 point for 8 oz instead of 2 points.Healthy choice soups are good-I like the garlic chicken with vegetable.
I guess I never really pay attention to how much water I really drink. I have a 1 liter bottle that I pack around with me,and I just fill it up every time I empty it.I don't know how many times.Seems like all the time!
Well,I have to run...my girl wants me !
Talk to ya soon-Nanner!
224/212/1st goal: 170
Old 02-11-2004, 10:59 AM   #10  

Oh-also...
We make dessert,too.It's 1 big container of fat free cool whip,1 small box of sugar free jello (any flavor...I like orange or lime the best),1 bag of mini marshmallows (the colored ones) and 1 small can of crushed pineapple,drained(optional).You can also add shaved coconut or/and walnuts.I always make it with just the pineapple.We make this all the time! It's quick and easy!
Old 02-11-2004, 11:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

I have been doing ww as well & really like the programme. If you follow it - it works.
Simple as that.

Hope all of you have a successful weight loss journey. Bye for now.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:45 AM   #12  

Nanner- That dessert sounds fantastic! I'll have to try it.I've found that wonderful sugar free jam... I can have 2 pieces of toast w/ jam for 1 pt - can't beat that! Now.. if I could only live on toast and jam... It reminds me of a book that was my favorite when I was a kid... Bread and Jam for Francis... all she wanted was bread and jam. Oh well.. I guess I went off on a tangent! I haven't tried the chocolate quakes... that sounds good though.. I bet those with a bit of cool whip would be great! I've gotten into Diet Rite lately... almost tastes like real Coke! I like the SmartOnes Cookie Dough Sundaes... 4 pts but well worth it! And I like most of the SmartOnes meals... good for lunch since the points arent too high! I'm in a dilemma though... I have a soup that I love but I have no clue how many points its worth.. it's called Chicken Taco soup.. It has shredded chicken breast, 2 cans of chicken stock added to the water the chicken was boiled in, a can of black beans, a can of pinto beans, a jar of Salsa Verde, a can or 2 of rotel tomatoes, a jar of diced jalapenos, a packet of taco seasoning, a little garlic, some corn kernels, and carrots... you just cook it (It makes a huge pot.. like 20 servings) and you crumble tortilla chips in your bowl, top it with cheese, and a dolop of sour cream... Its great for those cold dreary days!

ANyway, not too sure how many points that would be worth but it is very filling.. I hope you have a great day and thanks for those suggestions of goodies!!
Closed Thread