Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 08:58 AM   #1  

Talking Newbie in need of help

Hi all

Well I'm new to all this as I said on the UK version of this, I recently had a son and pregnancy has not been kind to my thighs - well thats a lie really its not been kind to any of me, I'm tipping the scales at 14 stone (about 195lb) and 5 foot five inches.

I have polycycstic ovaries so weight loss will be quite slow unless I can find the right plan for me - am thinking atkins or south beach? Any help, advice or general nagging (always goes down well with me ) would be fab

Ta loads

Sonia
aged 28
Size 18
Married, 1 small person
5' 5''
14 stone
North of England
Old 02-17-2004, 11:34 PM   #2  

Hi Soniauk!

I am very new here myself. I am the same height, my goals are somewhat smaller. I would love to find a diet buddy (no one has reponded to my plight, yet). I can also TOTALLY relate to the thigh problem, in my family it's hereditary.

As far as "diet" choices go, I myself have tried both the South Beach and Atkins and found them far too restrictive for me. I am 42 and have been dieting since I was 14!
At this point in my life I'm cutting out the white carbs, I drink TONS of water, no soda, no caffiene. I pile high my veggies and lean protien and even limit my fruit to one piece a day. Just need to get a lifestyle change going, hate the word "diet".

Walking is absolutely awesome for the thighs, how about talking that new baby out for a long stroll each day? I have joined Curves and now am there 5 days a week. I am also weight and strength training at home.

If I can help, or if you want to buddy up, let me know!

We all need help every once in awhile.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:42 AM   #3  

Welcome to the both of you!

I am not really following one particular diet, just low calorie/low fat/low carb, tons of water and exercise!

Good luck and together we can do this.
Closed Thread