Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 06:23 PM   #1  
utahmeemaw

Question I'm very new at this but motivated!!!

I am a 55 year old, 100 lb overweight mom of 5 and 'meemaw' to 15. I am looking for a buddy to help me not follow in my mom and brothers footsteps with insulin dependency. I have been 'watching my carbs' for 6 weeks and have not found great loss yet however I am joining a circuit ladies workout facility the first of Feb and feel motivated. I have recently [Dec 1st] moved across the country from my children and grandchildren and would love to surprise them with a big change but the biggest motivation for me is my health. Anyone want to buddy up???
Old 01-20-2004, 09:27 PM   #2  

utahmeemaw i am 56 and 100 over also. i am diabetic also. i am doing atkins and it is bringing my bs down. i am on diabetic woes on dieting with health problems or you can e-mail me at ..addy removed by Mod de................................pat
Old 01-21-2004, 08:54 AM   #3  
utahmeemaw

Thanks for the support paperdoll. I fear becoming diabetic and that is why I am struggling-do you have any great recipes? do you think it ok to include the ice cream Adkins snacks available at the store as help for the cravings? does using those kind of bars and such alter the loss? I was told to include 20 grams of carbs daily and to include fruit-what do you think?
Old 01-21-2004, 09:54 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there. Welcome to the best weightloss support site on the web!

Yes, low carb diets do bring your blood sugar levels back into line. It sure worked for me and I am Type II diabetic.

Please check out the following two forums for information, recipes and support:
Low Carbohydrate Lifestyles and The South Beach Diet.

Be very careful of the bars and other snacks - they can cause weightloss to stall.

By the way, Paperdoll, I've deleted your email address. We try not to post addies as there are software programs that troll the boards and gather in the addies so they can put you on their lists. Email addies can safely be exchanged using the PM feature.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:53 PM   #5  

utahmeemaw i don't have recipes. i stick to plain things. jello[sugar free] is good for desserts.also a little fruit but watch those. i tried the snack bars and they are very,very good .but they will stall weight loss. they did for me. i don't know about the ice cream as we don't have that,but be careful. ruth thank you....i am new at this yet. pat
Old 01-21-2004, 01:02 PM   #6  
stbakd

utahmeemah: try eating healty snacks (celery,carrots) or popcorn.
glen
Old 01-22-2004, 07:23 AM   #7  
RAR

welcome just being motivated is the first step so good luck Rita
Old 02-09-2004, 06:45 PM   #8  

Hi, I'm 64 and have 100 pounds to lose and looking for someone to support me through my journey to better health as well as weight loss. Haven't got the hang of how this system works but hope this is what I should be doing. I have started counting calories and have lost 7 pounds in th last 3 weeks - have started walking and to-day going to the gym for an initial program but it is all very difficult. Love to hear how you are going.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:26 AM   #9  

Margaret E.
Congrats on your 7 lbs. weight loss. I found half of what you lost this week! Can you give us an idea of what your food dairy looks like? Keep up the good work, it will pay off for you. We are here rooting for you!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:01 AM   #10  

Default I think I fit in here....

nice to fit into something these days.... Anyway, I am 44 this month,
mother of 3(in there 20's and still home with mama) I am type II for several yrs but have been given the speech(aah) from the MD. It's been too many yrs on meds and I've got to take it off for good this time or go for the dreaded WLS. Either way it's a lifestyle change and at least want to give it one more try myself before going under the knife. I followed SB last summer and lost 30#'s but gained it back. This is it for me. The meds are making me sick to my stomach(also have meds for high BP, chol and thyroid) So I have been bouncing around these boards looking for some buddies to check in with. I started SB 2wks ago and its been going so slow. But I have to lose it this time and find a WOE I can stick with for life. (literally)
Thanks for listening gals......
Closed Thread