Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 12:00 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Looking for support buddy

Hello I am new to this site but I am truly hoping that if I have some support and somewhere to turn besides the kitchen I will have the willpower to stop saying " Ohhh I'll try again tomorrow " and realize that everyday is a new battle to overcome . I have spent the last few months saying that I;ll start a diet tomorrow and that resulted in 20 more pounds gained . I know that if I keep it up the rest of my life is gonna fly right past me as I sit back and say that I'll do better tomorrow . Sooooo now is the time and I am going to do it . I weigh 224 and am 5'3 ......I've started the new year by giving up PEPSI (which I was drinking constantly) and have switched to mostly water and some diet pop. For me this is a big achievement cause water wasn't in my previous vocabulary . If anyone is interested in beings buddies let me know . I need some help with motivation but will be more than willing to give motivation in return . And good luck everyone .
Old 01-11-2004, 04:26 PM   #2  

Hi there,

I totally understand what you';re going through. I have recently started losing weight and had a lot of success. I'm a busy 22 yr old and I think we could help each other out,,, I check my email regularly, so email me, we can chat....... [email protected]
Best of Luck
Jewels
Old 01-14-2004, 01:50 PM   #3  

Hey I'm a fatchickinPA as well! Right up there with you in weight too! Just started today, and haven't a clue as to what I'm doing. Grasping at straws you might say.
Maybe we can kickstart each other!
Old 01-14-2004, 03:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

I feel for you all up in the northland... I'm originally from New York State and know how it is in the winter time.. hard to get outside and do anything.. hard to stay inside and keep warm! I know all I want to do when its cold is curl up, read a book, and sit by a fire.. exercise is not high on my list.. especially because I have to be outside to feel like I'm doing anything...

Alabama hasn't been conducive to exercise lately.. it's been cold here (30's & 40's)- I know, you're laughing, but southerners can't handle cold. You should see when they mention snow on the news!

Good luck to you all.. and keep everyone posted on your progress!!
Old 01-14-2004, 08:49 PM   #5  

I had a great day today ....weighed myself for the week and lost 5 pounds ....yippeeee.......and I signed up for the gym at work and have 2 friends from work who are gonna stay and exercise with me . Hopefully I can keep this up......I really want it ......And hey I completly understand about Alabama and snow ....my mom and stepdad live there and I did for a year ...once when I was there , a dusting of snow and they closed all the schools and were closing roads ........so I understand the craze and I know how you cant stand the cold .....my mom is like that when she comes to visit me ......Well I am off to go watch some tv and relax before bed ....getting a big snow storm tonight and I gotta drive into work at 6 am ......later !!!Chryss
Closed Thread