Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-20-2020, 10:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/235/155

Height: 5ft5

Default Back again....10 years later

Howdy from the midwest. I used 3FC about 10 years ago with a lot of success (190-140lbs). Then life happened. I got married, 5 years later was divorced, went through nursing school, remarried, started working as a nurse. Slowly, through all of the stress, all of my weight found its way back to me.....plus brought another 50lbs or so with it. I am the heaviest I have ever been and am in a place where I am so discouraged. I look back on photos of myself wearing a size 8 and beat myself up for getting so far away from that size.

I know something has to change. I need to be in good shape to model good health patterns for my patients. I am on my feet all day and the extra weight is taking it's toll on my feet, knees, and back. For a long time, I have been too ashamed to look for support groups/forums....but doing this on my own is not working.
xstasiax1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:02 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back, xstasiax1987,

And congrats on those 50 pounds from 10 years ago - proves that you can do it.

Oh, in case you didn't get this before,
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:07 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Welcome back, thanks for sharing your story. We all have something to tell and share here.

nihaz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/235/155

Height: 5ft5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Welcome back, xstasiax1987,

And congrats on those 50 pounds from 10 years ago - proves that you can do it.

Oh, in case you didn't get this before,
Thank you!!! I hadn't really thought of my past weight loss as a motivator....I only looked back at it feeling more defeated. But looking back at it in a "been there, done that" way is really motivating!
xstasiax1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:13 PM   #5  
heavy newlywed

S/C/G: 285/285/199

Height: 5'10

I have just joined again also. You can do it! I too beat myself up because of how life got away.
Reginaloses80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:22 AM   #6  

you can do it
rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:30 PM   #7  

I was divorced within 5 years also. I wouldn't wish that type of stress on even the worst person in the world. I've bought products and workout programs, never used them. Finally, I just accepted the fact that it's completely up to me, to make my goals reality. I feel the need to just be encouraging right now, if y'all don't mind.
Keep in mind a few things:
People will always criticize. Even if you were thin, they would find some way to insult you and maybe even start nasty rumors.
Smiling boosts your energy within. As long as you know how focused you are and you keep your commitment to YOU, smile through it. They won't understand.
Speaking of people, stop worrying about what other people think. Your weight loss journey is for your happiness, energy, and health.
Think of what makes you feel proud of yourself, "rinse and repeat".

With that I want to say, I'm so glad to see communities filled with love, supporting an effort that is so crucial to overall health. Keep up the great work!
GladMaddie is offline   Reply With Quote