Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-19-2020, 09:54 PM   #1  
heavy newlywed

S/C/G: 285/285/199

Height: 5'10

Arrow New, looking to lose 2020 weight.

I started last year at 232lbs, which was down from my normal 246 (which was still a lot)
but I have a toddler, and met my husband and got married, and then corona happened and the rest is history.
Standing here now at 286lbs. I'm a full time at home student, my husband recently brought me a treadmill.
Mainly lacking motivation.
Looking forward to meeting people on the same journey.
Reginaloses80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:49 AM   #2  

To lose weight is just simple involve urself in some exercise
Olanshile1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #3  

Hi Regina. The first thing you need to do is make sure you use encouraging and loving words in your "self talk". We all talk to ourselves, lol. When you look in the mirror and begin to criticize, stop. Say hello Beautiful, we're gonna take care of each other, day by day. It's not going to be easy, it's not going to be instant. About that treadmill, please don' t think you need to get on there and start jogging or running. Start by walking at a comfortable pace. Do 5 minutes, then next time do 10 minutes, etc. If you can only do 5 minutes, do it 3 times a day. The same goes for the 10 minute segments. Then, you can gradually at time, until you get up to a full 30 minute walk. I still say walk, don't run yet.

Now that you're using that "dreadmill", you can start changing your drink to water with apple cider vinegar in it. One ounce per 20oz bottle of water. You can also add lemon juice to it. It will help you burn the fat along with keeping you hydrated. Speaking of water, you need to drink at least 64 ounces of water daily. That's just 8 little cups of water. If you drink four 20 ounce bottles, that's 80 ounces, EASY. The key is to eliminate those processed sugars ASAP. I know people drink energy drinks, propel, gatorade - stuff like that. I don't recommend any of them. If you want to replace electrolytes, drink pedialyte or smart water. 7/eleven has a water called PURE Water. It has minerals and electrolytes also. Less expensive.

In my opinion, from my experience, that first two weeks is the hardest. After that, your body has learned what the plan is and might even remember how it used to be and your cravings will be greatly reduced for the "bad foods".

Sending you a virtual/social distance hug. YOU CAN DO THIS!
GladMaddie is offline   Reply With Quote