Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-21-2020, 09:22 AM   #1  

Default Anyone with 100lbs plus to lose?

Hi Everyone!
I'm a teacher and mum of 3 from Manchester with a lot to lose...140lbs to be exact (argh!)
I watched the Micheal Moseley 'lose a stone in 21 days' on Channel 4 and quite fancy trying his hardcore 'fast 800' diet. Its 800kcal per day for the first 4 weeks (though I've seen online some people do 2-6 weeks it seems) then you move to the 5:2 fasting diet. You aren't supposed to just eat what you like either; its a low carb diet so that your body burns fat through ketosis.

I wondered if anyone else also has a lot to lose and would like a little support along the road??
x
nannyogg134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #2  

I've lost just over a hundred pounds now, and I'm growing increasingly anxious about keeping the weight off long-term. I'd love to hear the experience of people who have kept a substantial amount of weight off for years without bariatric surgery. Thank you.

Kodi nox

Last edited by amelbeabk; 09-05-2020 at 02:25 PM.
amelbeabk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/335/220

Height: 6 ft

Hello Nannyogg134,

Nice to meet you.

I am also new and I am here on a journey that will hopefully take me from 340ish to 220. So it is a 120 cut for me.

We can share experiences and life styles in order to spot our mistakes.

I was told it may help.

In fact, that is why I am here.

​​​​​​​By the way, I am also a teacher... in Miami.
mhb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 294/283/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi nannyogg134!

Hi mhb007!

Hi amelbeabk!

I have 139lbs to lose would be happy to have some support.

I'm an ex teacher. I taught in Jax, FL for about 4 years while I worked on my M.Ed.

I follow alternate day fasting as outlined by Dr. James B. Johnson in his book The Alternate Day Diet. His plan is usually called JUDDD, Johnson Up Day Down Day, diet. I practice One Meal A Day (OMAD) on my fast days. Its not a true fast day, its a calorie restricted day to be exact and I eat normally on the Up days. It worked in the past and works well for me as my hardest challenge is evenings and nights so I eat the one meal then so I can sleep without hunger.

Last edited by Shaybelle; 09-05-2020 at 03:54 PM.
Shaybelle is offline   Reply With Quote