Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-04-2020, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'3"

Default I'm BACK! And a super slow loser!

Hello, everyone! I was active on 3fc years ago - I think more than 4 years since I've logged in. I missed forums and checking in with others on the same journey!

My journey started January 2015 at 265 pounds at 5'3". I have Hashimoto's disease, so my primary focus in changing the way I eat was learning how to best treat my Hashimoto's and feel better. I have done all types of elimination diets, including Autoimmune Protocol and a few rounds of Whole 30. Through my journey, I have tried a variety of different eating plans these past 5 1/2 years, including keto and paleo as well as several other weird plans. Once I got my medications and supplements in the right place (severe deficiencies in a few vitamins and undermedicated with thyroid replacement), I was able to very slowly start losing some weight. I lost 28 pounds in 2015 and another 27 in 2016. In 2017, my drinking got way out of control and I lost focus on my health due to a number of family and financial issues. I was still sort of dieting, but was drinking heavily just about every night. I ended 2017 regaining about 16 pounds. I got focused again, but still drank quite a bit. 2018, I lost 14 pounds. In September 2018, I finally admitted I had a problem with alcohol and quit for good. I've been sober as of today almost 23 months! I lost about 20 pounds in 2018 and another 16 in 2019. So far in 2020, even with this pandemic craziness, I've lost about 16 pounds, putting me right at 90 pounds lost from my highest weight. 40 of those pounds were lost since I quit alcohol.
My exercise plan is very inconsistent. Before the pandemic, I had been going to the gym regularly 2-3 days per week, but for the first few months stuck at home, I did very little formal exercise. We did adopt a young dog about a week and a half ago, and that's helped a ton. I get him out for a walk at least once per day.
I lost quite a bit of the weight doing keto/low carb plans, but my body without a gallbladder did NOT like all the fat. I had constant diarrhea on keto, but would stick to it for long periods of time because it DID work for weight loss.
I quit eating gluten years ago because of my Hashimoto's and just this year also quit dairy and soy. Some people with Hashimoto's end up having to avoid way more foods, so I feel fortunate it's just those. In May, I added intermittent fasting to my routine, and most days fast for 16 hours and eat during an 8-hour window. In addition, I rejoined Weight Watchers about 2 weeks ago. I'd heard WW had changed up their plans and was very interested in the purple plan since there are so many foods I already eat that are zero points! So far, I'm enjoying WW, but still in the learning phase. Working from home full time certainly makes it easier to meal plan and cook whole real foods.
I have about 25 pounds to go to my first goal of 140 pounds. I have been overweight or obese since puberty, so I really have no idea what a good final goal weight will be for me. When I get to 140, I will reevaluate.
Here is a progress pic at about 80 pounds lost:
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote