Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-10-2019, 11:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/218/133

Height: 5' 6"

Smile Anyone doing the Smoothie Cleanse at the mo?

Hi all,

Back losing weight again after losing nearly four stone and then regaining three. Whoops.

I'm kicking off with a so-called Smoothie Cleanse, though I'm not following any particular plan. I'm just blending fruit and veg with coconut water in the morning and popping it into mason jars in the fridge for the rest of the day.

Nine days in so far and nearly nine pounds off. Feel pretty healthy and getting LOTS of fruit, veg and nuts in. My joints have stopped being achey which is great, and my senses are livelier, I'm thinking of continuing for a bit. Then I'm going to give a month of keto a go, so I don't get bored with the same old same old.

Not feeling hungry at all, though I do crave a bit of savoury now and then, so I fill a big bowl with salad veg and munch on that.

Anyone done a smoothie/juice cleanse, what did you experience, any thoughts on it. Any tips also welcome :-)
Pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #2  
mjf

If you want to succeed, you should try to find a diet that you can stick to forever. You don't need to switch diets every month. If you're eating healthy, then you won't need to do any "cleanses", because your body can clean itself.

Fruit, vegetables, and nuts are a good start. If you want to make it healthier, I suggest including beans and whole grains in your diet. You didn't say which vegetables you eat, but at least some of them should be leafy greens. Also be sure to get enough B12 (if you're not eating animal products then take a supplement).

I wouldn't recommend keto. On the keto diet, most of the healthiest foods are banned.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/218/133

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
If you want to succeed, you should try to find a diet that you can stick to forever. You don't need to switch diets every month. If you're eating healthy, then you won't need to do any "cleanses", because your body can clean itself.

Fruit, vegetables, and nuts are a good start. If you want to make it healthier, I suggest including beans and whole grains in your diet. You didn't say which vegetables you eat, but at least some of them should be leafy greens. Also be sure to get enough B12 (if you're not eating animal products then take a supplement).

I wouldn't recommend keto. On the keto diet, most of the healthiest foods are banned.
Yeah, I'm aware. I've done the slow and steady thing before. It worked for a while, but habits slipped back. I just fancy doing something different this time. Breaking up my habits, breaking up my routines, really changing things up. I won't do keto for long just a few weeks. And I'm doing a pescatarian version.
Pine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleanser, detox, juice, smoothie