Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-16-2019, 02:15 PM   #1  

Default Hiiiiieeeeee!

Used to lurk here 8 years ago without really reaching out to anyone. Lost nearly 100 pounds doing so, going from 227 to 136. I don't know what I weigh now, but past few years have been slowly gaining. Husband is ill with a degenerative condition and my concern for his health has dragged me down; I've isolated myself like a hermit and eaten my feelings off and on. I've even picked up occasional smoking and started having a bottle of wine a week. Well, just a month and a half away from my 40th birthday, I am reaching out in desperation, still too scared to weigh in, but determined to stop giving up on life. I'm a full time musician who loves the arts and loves eccentric clothing, spooky films and reading books. I'm in a lot of pain over the prospect of my husband's health continuing to deteriorate, and yet I've had it-officially-with giving up on life.

Last edited by Scarlit; 04-16-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Scarlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/182/155

Height: 5'7

Hi Scarlit! Welcome back! I am really new here too but wanted to say hi

I'm sorry to hear about your husband, I know how hard the depression cycle is when you are so focused on a loved one. Good for you for reaching out and putting your foot down! You've done it once, you can do it again - and the number on the scale is just a number that can change. Looking forward to chatting with you more!
scarletrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:14 AM   #3  

You too, Scarletrunner! Thanks for reaching out, and so nice to meet you!
Scarlit is offline   Reply With Quote