Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-09-2019, 01:38 PM   #1  

Default Found the Introduction page!

I posted on the Daily thread this morning. After looking around, I found where I was supposed to post! I'll just c&p what I wrote in the other forum.

Good morning, Chickies! I am thrilled that I found this site! The recipes are amazing. Couldn't find an "Introduce yourself link" so I'll put it here. Hope that's ok. I have my husband on the SBD. Of course, I make the food & eat it too. He just turned 74 & I'll be 72 in August & we'll be married 54 years in June. Yes, I was married at 17. Very strict father & couldn't go out except for Sunday afternoons. We figured might as well get married so we could see each other! ...We have 2 sons, 52, 51 & a daughter, 47. Oldest son is married with 3 step kids, other son is married & has triplets, 2 boys & 1 girl & DD has a DD, 19 & a son, 17. The triplets just turned 22...How the heck did that happen so fast????.....& are graduating college this year.
So, my DH is 5'6" & was 223 lbs. I'm 5'2" & currently 122 lbs. I lost about 12 lbs & DH is now 211 lbs. We had started on Keto, but too many people saying there are too many fats in it, so we switched to the SBD. I'm glad because in Phase 2, fruits are introduced & whole grain bread. Personally, I don't want to lose anymore...I even hate saying that here. It's hard for me to eat other foods in front of him. When he's watching tv in another room, I'll have "extras" lol. Introducing P2 now, but still keep P1 in the diet.
Being Italian, I love to cook & bake. Holidays are always an abundance of food. (Italians always think there's not "enough" food!) January 1st is always a "Start dieting" day! DH says he's the "official" taste tester of the cookies I make!
Anyway, I just wanted to come & say again, how great this forum is. The hardest part of SBD is finding recipes when you don't want or can't afford to pay for meals. I do have the first book (blue) of SBD & got Super Charged, too. The difference between the two seems to be that Super Charged tells you how much of a certain food you can have.
Hope to be on again soon.
Have a great day, everyone!
nuzzmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/168/165

Height: 5'10"

Hi Nuzzmark! I'm new to the forum as well. Glad you met you goal. I see you are from MA. I grew up in Waltham but now live in VA. Still putting "R's" in words where they don't belong. Good luck to you both.
Carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:11 PM   #3  

Hey there, Carguy! We live in North Andover. Not far from Waltham.
Good luck to you, too!
nuzzmark is offline   Reply With Quote