Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

View Poll Results: How would you feel?
Offended 0 0%
Motivated 2 100.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2019, 02:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290

Height: 5’7”

Default Should I be offended or motivated?

So...I’m here. Why am I here? Well, someone close to me recently offered me a large sum of money to lose 100. Large enough to take the whole family on vacation or get a decent used car or pay off some bills. At first I was a little offfended at the thought of this person being so forward and also assuming that I just needed a carrot to chase. But then they assured me that it was just because they hated seeing me struggle and wanted to be able to do something even if all it was was a little motivation. So now I’m thinking maybe I should look at it as motivation, but I’m still not sure how I feel. Can I get some of your opinions?
SmokeDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:08 AM   #2  
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeDragon View Post
At first I was a little offfended at the thought of this person being so forward and also assuming that I just needed a carrot to chase.
Was it a correct assumption? Or were you planning to lose weight anyway?

I don't know if you should be offended, but either way, you can still use it as motivation to lose weight. Improving your health should be enough motivation on its own, but it doesn't hurt to have some extra motivation.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

If you do take the offer I would get a contract and have a timeframe clearly stated. If it was an unsolicited offer with you not having expressed any desire in this area I would say it appears manipulative in nature, but if you have expressed a desire it seems they’re trying to help incentivize you.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

If it was a significant sum of money I would jump at the offer and getting a contract would tell you if the person is serious. Its not as if you have to pay them if you don't lose.

Losing weight is hard. Our bodies fight it every step of the way. 100 lbs is a lot. You have to really want this or it's futile. As far as being offended if you are really 100 lbs overweight you already knew it. They probably did you a favor because it got you to come here. Come on back. Money or not you can get a lot of help here.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 183.5/138.2/125.0

Height: 5'4"

You can be offended and motivated at the same time Motivated because you were planning on losing the weight anyway and now you have something to really look forward to at the end of your long weight loss journey. Offended because....maybe the person assumed you didn't realize you needed to lose the weight or something? Or because they assumed you needed them to motivate you? I don't know the person but hey. Money is money!

You can do it.
StaceySue is offline   Reply With Quote