Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-25-2018, 05:57 PM   #1  

Smile How can I make health fun?

Hi everyone I'm Gen!

A little background about me, when I was in high school I struggled a lot with confidence because of my weight. This led me to having an eating disorder that I didn't talk to anyone about for a very long time, except for my best friend who helped me realize what I was doing was only hurting my body. When I went to college I took a nutrition class that helped me realize what it really meant to be healthy and I didn't have to stop eating to be happy with my body.

My struggles with weight led me to working on a health and fitness game app called MiniBite It's kind of like a real world tamagotchi that is effected by the food and exercise you do in the real world. I wanted to created something that was fun and educational about how food effects our bodies. I hope it can help people reach their health goals in a fun way so they don't feel like they have to make the choices I made when I was younger.

I would really like to help people reach their health goals in a long sustainable manner, so if I could get any feedback on my app on how to make it better and more fun it would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (13.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 300x600.jpg (17.5 KB, 3 views)
happygen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:38 PM   #2  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

I'm not really into smart phone apps, but that is a really cute and creative idea!
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:47 PM   #3  

Thanks I've been working on it for a little over a year now, so nice to hear positive things
happygen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:08 AM   #4  
mjf

What kind of nutritional information does your app track? Just calories and macros? Or does it track other stuff too?

How does it know the calories and macros? Does the user have to enter them manually?
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:30 PM   #5  

You can try using weight loss apps. They do not only help you with keeping track of your diet and physical activities but also keeps you hooked up. Above anything they keeps you motivated and never stop reminding you your target.
markgrynko1472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:56 PM   #6  

Hi all! My names mark and i'm a 37 year old chef with a really erratic diet, not often seeing food until the early hours of the morning due to late hours. I'm 5 feet 10 inches tall and weight 14 stone 8 so i'm bang in the middle of being over weight most of which is around my middle. Its strange because i often miss days when i don't eat at all. happygen i think your app idea is brilliant i think it could help with the childhood obesity issue. I'v come across many different diets over my 22 year catering career ranging from 2:5 diet, Atkins, weight watchers the list goes on and on. Does anyone on hear have any ideas to what the best diet is?? PLEASE HELP im starting to struggle getting up when i lay down lol
MARKULS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Other than unhealthy fad diets, the best diet is the one you will stick with, a plan you can follow for life.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote