Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 158 GW 128

Height: 5'2

Default Newbie! Atkins Induction.

Hi there,

I am new here, but I'm not new to Atkins. I had great success with it about 7 years ago, but then life happens and on came the lbs. Im 5'2 and even just the slightest bit of extra weight on my frame causes the unwanted flab (ugh!) I'm hoping to lose 30lbs

So I'm on day 3 of induction... So far so good.. really looking for some great support and hoping to also give back.

The first two days were bad for headaches & fatigue, but I woke up alert and headache free today.. fingers crossed

Can't wait to talk with others, is anyone else starting induction?

Talk soon,
Jules
Jules1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/176/130

Height: 5'4

Hey Jules,

I'm new here too and on day 4 of Atkins induction. I too done Atkins before (Briefly for about 4 weeks last year but fell ill & found it difficult to motivate myself back onto the WOL)
I'm 5'4 and currently weigh 176lb as of this morning (Started at 184lbs 4 days ago) I'm hoping to reach 130lb. Would be great if we could keep contact to see how eachother gets on?

Fortunately I haven't suffered from Keto flu this time around yet *touch wood* but it's still early days. Do you plan on exercising too? I did for the 4 weeks on I was on Atkins last year. I walked the 3 miles to work and managed to lose 16lbs in those 4 weeks. I have a wedding to attend in Spain in September so hoping to lose 50lbs by then. Fingers crossed.

I hope to speak soon,

Kellie

Last edited by Goodbyeweight; 03-08-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Goodbyeweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello, I am new here.

I just started Day 1 of the Dukan Diet. So, I am looking for some support, too.

I can't remember if I will get nauseous or light-headed from Dukan - it has been a LONG while since I have "dieted"....MenoPause is wreaking some havoc with me.

I am a gymrat - and do workout 6 x per week (2 x step-cardio, 2 x heavy weight-lifting, 1 x yoga and 1 x badminton) and I am really going to try to keep all my workouts while on this diet.

I want to lose 15 lbs for sure. 20 would be FABulous!
Beeps2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:36 AM   #4  

Hi, Beeps! welcome and good luck!
DorotheaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks, Dorothea!

Here is my update/report:

1. I made it through the "Attack Phase" of Dukan without much fanfare. This is not because I have uber-amounts of discipline. This is because my b-i-l (who is not my favourite dude...) broke his ankle in 2 places on Tuesday and I spent a good portion of my Tuesday and Wednesday at the hospital. Sigh. Anyway, I only ate lean protein and I got through these 3 "attack" days.

2. Next up, that means 64 days of "Cruise Phase". During Cruise Phase, I am supposed to alternate "PP" (pure protein) days with "PV" (protein & veggie) days.

3. I weighed on Thursday (i.e. coming out of Attack and entering Cruise) and I was 168.8 lbs. THIS MADE ME SO HAPPY!! Out of the 170's. YAY!

4. Then I ate 1 x bun on Friday, and whaddayaknow, my weight popped back up Saturday morning to 171. Shucks. No cheats. Lesson learned.

5. I then did a PV day on Saturday. A PP day on Sunday. A PV day today. So, I workout after work, today and I will hop back on the scale. I really hope I am into the 160s. Fingers crossed!

6. I can handle the "diet" part of Dukan. What I DON'T like is that I have to record and email to them, EVERYDAY, what my weight is!! I don't like weighing everyday. Sigh. I only like weighing one x per week. On Saturdays.
Beeps2011 is offline   Reply With Quote