Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-25-2018, 11:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/259/180

Height: 5’7”

Talking Hello, you fantastic folks!

Hello there!

I’m really excited to make a change in my life because something has to give. I’m also really excited to meet folks going on similar journeys. I’ll gladly encourage you.

My name is Liz, and I’ve been hanging out over 200 lbs for about fifteen years now. The weight gain began after starting an apothecary’s worth of psychiatric medications, and at 5’7”, my body gradually added more muscle to be able to maneuver more efficiently.

Fast forward to August 2017. What a poop show. I had to leave everything I knew- with the exception of a very supportive husband- in order to take care of my mom. I am happy to be here for her, but the baggage that comes with caregiving led me to binge eating.

Every weekday evening after they both would go to bed, I would get my hands on any comforting savory or sweet treat I could find. I would hoard some bad goodies here and there. I gained approximately thirty pounds in eleven months, and as of my first endocrinologist’s appointment, I was at 264. I went to the endocrinologist because my biological mother has Hashimoto’s, and now that I’m 36, I want to make sure I keep that under control if it develops.

Long story still long, I have thyroid nodules to monitor, and I’m standing at the precipice of metabolic syndrome. Mr. Super Proactive Endo has decided to put me on a low dose of levothyroxine, and for a few months, he has me on both metformin and adipex. I am not so crazy about medicines- see apothecary’s worth, but it seems with adipex and CBT I can maybe get a handle on the binging. Fingers crossed. I’ve already lost five pounds avoiding Cokes- really difficult come lady time.

So yeah. Levothyroxine. Metformin. Adipex. Wooooooo. But here I am. I got some fancy scale that tells me things I didn’t know exist. New cross trainers are in the mail. I’ve even preordered a FitBit Charge 3. Regarding the latter, I’m more excited about analyzing sleep stages than anything else; anyone else geek out on that?

I did not intend to type that much. I blame the adipex and my excitement to meet y’all. I only started the adipex this morning, so I have no stories yet. Numerous apologies if there are typos though.
Lizbot is offline   Reply With Quote