Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #1  

Default Greetings from a fellow boat member

I have enjoyed outstanding success on low carb diets for years before Dr. Atkins came out with his revolutionary low carb diet. Back in the 80's I lost over 40 lbs in less than 4 months doing my own low carb & exercise program and kept it off for years until I got married in 2001.

I also have struggled with being fat my entire life.

Prior to becoming aware of the Atkins diet my 80's diet plan consisted of:
Breakfast: Large bowl of Total 2% milk and no added sugar
Lunch:2 baked or broiled chicken thighs and a salad
Dinner: Either more baked or broiled chicken, steak or hamburger and another huge salad
Exercised 2-4x weekly mostly swimming

From the mid 80's till 2010 my job was so physically demanding that all I had to do was watch what I ate and don't eat bad foods after dinner and I remained reasonably slender although not my ideal weight but about 10-20lbs over weight. My weight would fluctuate from 220 to 240lbs, most of the time though I would be closer to 225lbs.

Considering I'm 6'-2" and a large framed male with a 54" chest 10-20 lbs = a 38" waist.

My weight problem now revolves around 4 basic but formidable obsticals.
#1-I have a new far less physical job that every month and often weekly I must work all three 8 hour shifts of a 24hr day
#2-My wife previously had refused to cook healthy or to keep my weakness foods out of the house and out of availability to me. Thankfully I have remedied at least that obstical.
#3-I Work 64-72hrs a week making it difficult for me to get the motivation to exercise.
#4-I truly believe I have at least a very low level addiction of sorts to sugar based foods ESPECILLY chocolate type candies as I crave them greatly, which I base this belief on the fact that between my uncles, aunts, brothers, sisters and grandparents there are/were no less than 10 alcoholics and two others that have issues with prescription pain killers.

Thank God I never developed any problems with addiction besides candy.
When I tried the Atkins induction for first time I did great, but gained my weight back and then some. Now I am the heaviest I have ever been and need to loose at least 70lbs. In short I am eating my way into an early grave.

My only problem I encounter while on the Atkins, especially during induction is getting my 15-20 net carbs. By that I mean I need as easy and simple a food or foods to eat at all three daily meals that will get me my needed carbs.

Right now my primary sources of carbs at all times are:
Steamed broccoli, artichoke hearts, lettuce and to a lesser extent block cheddar, mozzarella and munster cheeses.

So at this point I need two things.
#1-examples of as simple as possible daily diet plans featuring chicken, beef, hamburger, tuna, eggs in all forms and simple snacks
#2-Simple decent tasting sources of acceptable carbs that will keep me under 18-16 net carbs as I take Mettamucil 2x daily for obvious reasons.

So I have 70 bs to loose starting today. I'm 295lbs and my weight goal in 225lbs which is what I weighed when I got married in 2001 and had a 36" waist line.

All food daily meal menus will be of great help getting me on my way.

At the present I have no problems with finding/using zero carb:
> salad dressings
>cheese
>drinks
>spices
>mayo

I need help with snacks, and carb suggestions.

Thanks,
Art/DTJager
DTJAGER is offline   Reply With Quote