Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-16-2017, 11:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 342/336/185

Default Travel made me do it

Hello All!

My name is Sharay and I am finally taking the steps to a healthier me. I am currently traveling around the world with my husband and have lost about 20 lbs. I didn't even think I did anything special, I mostly ate what I wanted, I basically drank my way through Ireland, going to all the whiskey distilleries. But the weight I lost made me think of what I was doing differently...I was eating real food..local, organic REAL food. Instead of eating 12 crappy croissants from the supermarket, I ate 1 really good croissant from a local bakery near my apartment in France. Instead of a giant juicy burger, I had a small tapa sized burger in Spain. I was also moving more because I was exploring new places.This lead me to the realization that I need to take what I learned throughout my travels and make sure I continue this journey when I get home. Less processed foods from boxes, more movement, less meat, more seasonal vegetables, less reading magazines about how I should look, more feeling good in the skin I am in now.

Anyway, I got a long way to go here. So I look forward to meeting some of you and sharing my journey.
Mrs.vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:21 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

What a great story!

And I'm sure you're right, eating Real food is the way to go. Good luck!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:28 PM   #3  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

What a wonderful experience! Can I move into your suitcase?
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:58 AM   #4  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Sharay, I've had the same experience where being on vacation in a new place causes a wonderful improvement in my health. Walking throughout the day, eating on a natural hunger schedule rather than during assigned breaks, exploring the local produce and cuisine - I always return lighter, healthier and happier.

How to harness that feeling and attitude once I return to work life, that's always the question.

Welcome! JZ
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/209.6/160

Height: 5'5"

Traveling around the world, how exciting. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself and not eating so much processed foods. Good for you.

That is something I notice about stores like Trader Joes and Sprouts. They do not have the sea of cupcakes, pies and cookies near the front door to tempt you. Hope you pick up great eating tips and share with us when you return.
ChelsieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:17 AM   #6  

I lose weight on cruises. Really, a lot of walking all day.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #7  

I wish I could lose weight while traveling.... even when we visit New York City and probably walk 10 or more miles a day, I only end up gaining weight. For me, activity just doesn't do it. I have to limit caloric intake. Period.
ZeroTX is offline   Reply With Quote