Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-08-2017, 10:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/207/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Starting over (again)

A wave hello...I poked around on here absolutely ages ago but haven't been here in years, but need to get myself back on the wagon and looking for some community and more accountability and this forum came to mind!

My highest weight was 320lb and after downs (and ups) and downs I finally reached my goal last year...and then between vacation/holidays/whatnot went completely AWOL and regained a ghastly amount of weight what feels like overnight. Not nearly back to the 320 but where once I vowed I never would be again. Sigh.

For me, what worked was a self-made plan of cutting out all refined sugar (I went 13 months and felt AMAZING, and I am a SUGAR ADDICT), plus calorie counting/exercise...but I relapsed on the sugar (did I mention sugar addict?) and it's been awful, and I just can't seem to remember how I got myself through that early period of cutting out sugar. So, here I am! (I figure, writing down that I'm doing it makes it more likely that I'm doing it, right...?) So, hello!
jenn4thewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/278/180

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

Hello! Your story resonates with me and is one reason that I decided to get back on these boards. (Will post my re-intro later today.) Thank you for having the courage to share and to inspire. As a fellow sugar addict, I completely understand where you have been. Looking forward to following along.
BigAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! Sugar is awful. I have to keep all sugar and simple carbs out of my diet, I'm very sensitive to carbs and can gain weight quickly if I eat them. Particularly sugar and alcohol. Wheat also doesn't work with me.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/270/195

Height: 5'8"

Hi Jenn,

Welcome back! Today is my first day back, too, after a 4-year hiatus. I had gone from 260 lbs. down to 220 lbs. and was feeling great. Then my life got really hectic and busy and it all fell apart -- over the last few years I've gained it all back and then some, now at 270 lbs. It feels so demoralizing, but I am determined to pick myself back up and get going. We can cheer each other on!

What worked for me was just eating whole foods/healthy foods, portion control, and walking 20-30 minutes a day. The weight loss was gradual but steady and I never felt too deprived. Since then I have never stopped eating healthily, but I did stop controlling portions, and I stopped walking.

May 2017 be a year of success for all of us. I wish you all the best!

Lila
Lilajoy is offline   Reply With Quote