Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-08-2017, 08:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile here I go again..

Hello everyone!

I am new here and in need of some serious help, support, and accountability! I am 47 years old and weigh 230, i am 5'4". I am completely embarrassed about my weight & I could sit here in denial and say I don't know how this happened, or blame it on being post-menopausal. But in reality, I did this to myself through a bad diet and lack of exercise. (ice cream is my downfall)!

A little background, I am a wife, mom, and grandma I have a special needs child, I am self-employed, I like yankee candles, walks in the rain, 80s hair bands and any quiet time I can get!!

Back in my 30s my highest weight was 185 and I lost 40 lbs in 90 days using power 90/beachbody program & eating around 1200 calories a day. I know I can do this.

I find myself looking through before/after weight loss pics which motivates me but the problem is I can't seem to STAY motivated!

I know I need to fight this, I know I need to do this for myself, my health, & my future.

I am looking for LOTS of friends so please add me! Doesn't matter what you are (male/female) or otherwise! I am interested in talking to other positive people where we can cheer one another on! I will be logging in daily & posting my daily exercise and calories.

Just_Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, Kathy! Welcome to 3FC!
Keika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:37 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Kathy! If motivation is an issue, you might look into Beachbody's new "Beachbody on Demand" which has every program they have made (I think) for $99 a year. (I am NOT a BB coach, and I'm not pitching anything, for the record). I was super skeptical about signing up - I have done their P90X and Insanity programs and was ready to try something new but didn't know what. I usually like to just buy my programs outright because we have spotty internet where I live and "Beachbody on Demand" is a streaming program sort of like Netflix but just for BB's workout programs. Anyway, I signed up, started doing T25 and Piyo (I alternate days) as well as their 3 Week Yoga Retreat and I have just had a blast. The weight loss hasn't been dramatic- I've lost 10 lbs since January- but I had already lost 40 and the weight loss I think naturally slows the closer you get to goal anyway so I'm not deterred by that. Anyway, it's a thought.

So, WELCOME! There are some good threads on here - there are a couple exercise accountability threads, and usually you can find a "getting out of the XXX's" thread for the area of weight loss you are currently in. I love this place!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:17 PM   #4  

Hi Keika!Thank you!
Old 04-11-2017, 09:19 PM   #5  

Hi EagleRiverDee! Thank you for that info! I have been considering the beachbody program again! I had such great success with it before... I am still trying to figure my way around this site! Looks like there is a lot of support and so much great info! Thanks for the nice welcome
Old 04-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #6  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Hello Kathy Welcome!
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motivation, weight loss