Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-14-2017, 05:01 AM   #1  
Pre-Raphaelite Dream

S/C/G: 198/174/121

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi! I'm combining weight loss with Fundoplication Surgery. Anyone else doing same?

Hi All. I joined this site years ago but a series of health problems - miscarriages, GERD etc meant I'm only now taking part.. and I've never been heavier, no thanks to serious steroids either.

I had Fundoplication surgery 5 weeks ago and have lost 2 stone in 7 weeks so it is a good time to reset my eating habits and lose weight. My confidence is at an all time low thanks to relationship issues, weight gain and illness.

I wonder whether anyone else is using the anti reflux surgery to kick start their weight loss journey? Two stone lost and no exercise is a nice beginning bonus but it will come back on if I'm not careful. I can't exercise except for gentle walking so really I feel like I have a new body and I have to start everything again from scratch. I also have a smaller stomach now and can't eat much, which is a great help.

Hoping for some encouragement as I've never been able to keep weight off..and also to encourage others on their journey. I live in England.

Last edited by Lisetta; 03-14-2017 at 05:02 AM.
Lisetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

Hello! I'm not having surgery, but I wanted to say hi and welcome anyway. You've come to the right place to get encouragement; this board is super helpful! And wow, 2 stone already! Congratulations! That's a fantastic start!
Keika is offline   Reply With Quote