Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #1  

Default Howdy! Another newbie here...

This is my first time on this site. I've been on others but I felt like I needed something new to go with a totally new eating plan and hopefully a totally new me for this year!! Well, maybe not a "totally" new me. LOL I have quite a lot of weight to lose and I've had difficulty trying to lose it. I thought I had tried just about every diet known to man but I heard the Mediterranean diet mentioned on the Today show this morning and started doing "research". I've decided to try an adapted form of the diet that's low carb and has been proven successful for diabetics and those with metabolic syndrome. There was a link to this site and voila...here I am! I was hoping to blog but it wouldn't let me sign up. It was down??? Weird! I hope that's not a bad sign!! Anyway, trying to find my way around the site seems quite strange to me! Funny how we get stuck in ruts, huh?? I'm hoping this is going to be a turning point for me! I want to feel better. I want to be more active. I know I need to lose weight and I really don't want weight loss surgery. However, if this doesn't work, I may have to consider lap band. I won't have gastric bypass. I've known too many that have had problems afterwards. I have high hopes for this diet plan though!
Gottamakegoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 258.8/252.00/200

Height: 5'9"

Hi my name is Sharon. I just joined a few minutes ago too. Been on many diets in my lifetime too. Mediterranean seems to be one of the best variety and healthy. I started the Diabetes Miracle diet today which is low car and keeps you eating at intervals during the day to keep your blood sugar level. Good luck to you. See you on the boards.
thatsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #3  

Default Hi Sharon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsok View Post
Hi my name is Sharon. I just joined a few minutes ago too. Been on many diets in my lifetime too. Mediterranean seems to be one of the best variety and healthy. I started the Diabetes Miracle diet today which is low car and keeps you eating at intervals during the day to keep your blood sugar level. Good luck to you. See you on the boards.
That's another diet I haven't heard of before! I'll have to research that one! I'm not diabetic, although my doctor can't seem to believe it. She keeps insisting I must be because of my weight, I think, and seems surprised when the blood tests come back normal! She does that with my thyroid too! Anyway, nice to meet you and good luck to you too! ~Nancy
Gottamakegoal is offline   Reply With Quote