Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-18-2016, 05:03 PM   #1  

Default I hate being fat

I'm so sick of making jokes about my weight, having to laugh it off.
It's been 5 years since I hit and stayed at 100kg and over. I hate feeling overweight, I hate not fitting into normal zara or topshop trousers and jeans. I know I could look feel and be so beautiful if I could shift 40kg. But somehow I can't seem to ever shift the flab. I'm hoping joining an online community will help me sort this problem.
mladina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:38 PM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

Welcome and good luck!
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200.4/195.1/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I am new myself! You and I are close in starting weight and have the same goal weight. I hate being heavy too. Want to be weight loss buddies?
EastCoastAva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #4  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hey! Where are you from? I remember not being able to squeeze into a pear of size 18 jeans I bought from Newlook that I loved when I was 19. I then had an amazing pair of jeans from Next that didn't fit for long either. I am now 27, plus size clothing back then was made for frumpy 50+ The Americans were way advanced in plus size fashion than we were here in the UK.

Luckily plus size fashion has caught up and is actually....... fashionable! But I cannot wait to be able to walk into any shop and be able to pick up an outfit! I am currently a UK 20/22 on jeans, then a range of anything between a 24/26 on top.

Sadly when it comes to losing weight, some people are naturally slim and can burn off a bad diet, but the fact that you are overweight, means that like many people, you are not one of those easy burners. Like me and like a large portion of the world, you will need to change your lifestyle and diet to keep a slender silhouette. You need to take baby steps towards altering your diet that will work for your own body. I cannot join most diets that are advertised, as shakes and soups bloat me, WW and Slimming world don't teach you anything about food, cabbage soup diet made me gain, weight loss pills boosted metabolism only, the fasting diet makes me want to eat more than I usually would on the non fast days and I couldn't get in enough protein for fresh vegan.

Try something to suit you
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 07:17 PM   #5  
[url=http://www.TickerFac

Default I am planning to start my journey at the 1st of the year.

I know everyone has a New years resolution and I hate the weightloss resolution. Its so cliche however for me its because I need time to prepare mentally and physically. The first of the year is a good time because its only like 40 days or so away and helps to know exactly how many days I have behaved. Anyhow the plan is to maintain weight until then. I need to lose about 65lbs. Anyone else interested in starting on the first and starting a support group?
Bslope0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:44 PM   #6  
Determind Member

I have already been losing this year, But in January I will still have 100lbs to go. I have a lot of weight loss knowledge if you felt that would be useful for your group.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:24 AM   #7  
[url=http://www.TickerFac

Yes definitly!!
Bslope0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:27 AM   #8  

Best of luck on your fitness journey!
katewilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:48 PM   #9  
Determind Member

Awesome! Just drop me a little message when needed and if you just want to chat about stuff
Old 12-04-2016, 11:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/223/165

Height: 5.9 / 175cm

Hello and Welcome!

Don't get me started on Zara!! Even when I was around 80kg I had so much trouble with their trousers.. eek.

On a lighter note, I wish you luck and am sure you will find the support you need here.
Margot is offline   Reply With Quote