Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-01-2016, 10:40 AM   #1  
EarlyBirdToo

S/C/G: 251/193/160

Height: 5/5

Default Don't know what I'm doing!

Hi Everyone!
When I titled this "I don't know what I'm doing", I meant as far as navigating the site! I'm at best 'intermediate' level technically advance. So, plz all, bear with me!

I do know WHAT I'm doing by coming here. I'm in big trouble. I lost 52 lb. and hit a brick wall. Yes, that's right I plateaued!! While I realize that weight loss plateaus are inevitable. When I say I plateaued I mean I REALLY PLATEAUED. A year of plateauing!! After an initial 50 lb loss, which literally felt like it fell off. I have been stuck for several months. Bouncing back and forth with a 5 lb loss/gain here and there. But, I cannot get past the 190 mark and stay there. I've joined 3FC in an effort to gain some kind of perspective. To gain insight from others who have faced the same struggle. For me it's ALL about getting rid of my last 25 lb. and maintaining. I don't' need to be super skinny. I'm 65 years young, very happy, stable and content! The only thing making me miserable( and it is destroying my peace, that's why I'm here) is the last 25 lb.
It's not only destroying my peace, it's scaring me. After a round of steroids for my sinuses, I can't gain any semblance of control. AND, I'm binging. I feel as though I'm almost trying to sabotage my own weight loss! So, there you have it that's my with weight loss/gain/ story.

Okay,more about me on a more personal level. I'm 65 years young,very active.I power walk at least 6 days a week for 2 hours a day. Have 2 grown children, have 7 grands, and 3 great grand. I'm in a long-term committed relationship, 23 years, with my soul mate and favorite man in the whole world (why of course ). I'm a Chrisitan, born 2005. I'm a devoted to world peace activist (of sorts)I say 'of sorts' as I'm not really a protester of any kind. So, activist may be a 'stretch'. More of a promoter of peace and love. I'm an admin of a 20,000 members plus Facebook group devoted to promoting peace on every level. World peace, inner peace.

I struggle with some health issues mostly joint issues, arthritis, diabetes Type 2 and I am hypothyroid. I had my thyroid removed in 2009. There is hope of losing weight with hypothyroidism. I have lost 50 lbs. So, for those out there who think there is no hope there is always HOPE! So there you have it! I'm happy to be here. I wish you all well, peace and love, successful weight loss and many happy days! Health and well being!

Last edited by Earlybirdtoo; 11-01-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Earlybirdtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Earlybirdtoo!

It's great that you've managed to maintain your weight loss for a year. 50 pounds is no small feat! After a year of plateau, it might be time to re-examine your routine and shake things up a bit, if you're starting to feel stagnant. There's also some great challenges going in the 'Chicks up for a Challenge' group on the Support Groups forum, and everyone I've met in there has been kind and supportive.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:25 PM   #3  
EarlyBirdToo

S/C/G: 251/193/160

Height: 5/5

Default Thanks!

Thanks, I will def check out some of the challenges!!! It IS time to reassess and make some adjustments to my WOE! congrats on your weight loss too! WTG!!!

Last edited by Earlybirdtoo; 11-01-2016 at 04:26 PM.
Earlybirdtoo is offline   Reply With Quote