Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-06-2016, 09:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190.7/190.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Default New and motivated...

Hi, I am new here and have 40lb to lose. I am a little horrified that I am this weight but that's life, I guess. I am a mama of one crazy little 2-year-old girl and am a WAHM.

I actually stacked on all this weight a year AFTER having my daughter. I was slim when I fell pregnant, had hyperemesis and gestational diabetes so didn't really gain much/anything while pregnant, and then I breastfed for 15 months which kept me in check.

I got used to eating like crazy while nursing and I kept doing it after I weaned! I tend to be an emotional eater so I hope to kick this issue once and for all and get down to my 'ideal' weight of 150lb before having another baby.

Having had gestational diabetes, I think South Beach will work for me, as it will get me back into low GI habits. Sugar addiction is a big issue for me and I know that strict low carb like Atkins doesn't work for me because it doesn't help me eat a moderate diet. So SB-ish it is!

Re: exercise, I have a back injury so my goal is to walk my dog for 20 minutes every morning and then do barre classes 3x a week and then a hike with my husband and daughter every weekend.

Glad to be here.
mrsbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/180/140

Glad to have you. Good luck
AnneNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/223/165

Height: 5.9 / 175cm

Welcome!! All the best!
Margot is offline   Reply With Quote