Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-06-2016, 02:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 2"

Smile Hi, Nuummee Here!

Hi. It's Nuumee here.

I'll try to make this introduction brief. I am 63. Love working in my flower beds, music, my American Eskimo dog. I am a 'professional dieter";you name the diet I have probably tried it, sometimes more than once. I am no longer on a diet opting for a lifestyle change. Now I am stopping the YoYo Cycle. That's something to celebrate!!!!!

Goal: to naturally gravitate to a healthy weight

I need to lose more than 125 pounds-
Goal Weight: 120 pounds (But I would be happy to weigh in at 140 pounds. I am 5' 2" tall so that's still a bit heavy.)

My diet: It's not a diet - It's a life style change "Eat To Live" / "End Of Dieting" w/ Dr. Joel Fuhrman.

I will be happy to give support - What I need is companionship and encouragement when I get a little discouraged. Even though we walk different paths it is nice to share in this journey.

Best Wishes To YOU In YOUR Journey. May all of your weight loss dreams come true!!!

Last edited by nuumee; 06-06-2016 at 02:13 PM.
nuumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and I agree with you that what is needed is lifestyle change and have actually done that in the past few years. I don't follow anyone's specific plans, but have learned a tremendous amount of nutrition info from Michael Polland and other similar authors.

Wishing you all success in your journey

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:17 AM   #3  

Thank you for the warm welcom Misti. I am not familiar with Michael Polland. I will have to look him up.

Best Wishes to you as well.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/143/120

Height: 5'4'

Hi I'm brand new to this group and it is my first time participating in a forum so bare with me as I learn the ropes. I am here because I have 11 month old twins and cannot lose the baby weight! I think my biggest problem is that I used to be a smoker before getting pregnant, now instead of reaching for a smoke I grab food. I think I have become addicted to food. Trying to reach for healthy snacks instead of sweets and my fav chips and dip but its hard. I don't have much will power.
tinywar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #5  
My journey starts now....

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey hey hey, I too am brand new, Just joined today. You are going to be super successful in your journey I just know it.
KathyMathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:11 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinywar View Post
Hi I'm brand new to this group and it is my first time participating in a forum so bare with me as I learn the ropes. I am here because I have 11 month old twins and cannot lose the baby weight! I think my biggest problem is that I used to be a smoker before getting pregnant, now instead of reaching for a smoke I grab food. I think I have become addicted to food. Trying to reach for healthy snacks instead of sweets and my fav chips and dip but its hard. I don't have much will power.
Welcome tinywar. I understand about the smoking AND the baby weight. My baby is 33 years old and I still haven't lost it(LOL)..I used to smoke and quit more times than I can count. It's really hard to quit and so easy to fall into the comfort food trap. I must confess I have done that. I think reaching for the right snacks, like raw veggies can help. Also drinking water through a straw can help. I LOVE LOVE LOVE chips and dip and sweets so it's challenge to find alternatives. .I can substitute veggies and hummus.

The will power will come with time. Best Wishes on your weight loss journey.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyMathy View Post
Hey hey hey, I too am brand new, Just joined today. You are going to be super successful in your journey I just know it.

Hey KathyMathy. Iwant to wish you a warm welcome! Thank you for the encouragement!