Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-03-2018, 10:48 PM   #1  

Default Newbie

Hiya! I'm new here. I'm 23, recently graduated from college and moved across the US. I've been working out more and trying to eat healthy, and it works for like 2 weeks. I have a massive sweet tooth so I end up giving into cravings and over eating on chocolate or ice cream. It's not that I don't have a few treats when I eat healthy, it just isn't enough to only have 1 cookie sometimes. I'm looking for a support system and some accountability for eating healthy and going to the gym. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Bunnytails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:56 PM   #2  
Maggie

S/C/G: 215/154.2/~111 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hello and welcome, Bunny!

Different people deal with cravings in different ways. What works for one person might not work for another person, so I'd recommend jumping into the more active support threads, and also looking at the older archived threads for information that might be helpful.

It helps to do something that you can see yourself sticking to long term. For example, I once tried low carb and it lasted a very short time because it didn't fit my lifestyle, my tastes, or my appetite (I get real hungry with no carbs). So I tried something different. For me, if I make sure to get enough fiber and protein (not huge amounts, but pretty much meeting recommended daily amounts) makes me much less hungry. For other people, limiting carbs is the only way they're ever full. For others, macronutrients might not matter at all. Takes a bit of trial and error.

Welcome again! Glad to have you here!
Chanticleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 89.9kg/78kg/65kg

Height: 5ft 4

Hi bunny tails,
I have the same problem that I’m working to overcome, a lot of people get the cravings I find that eating sugar substitutes don’t help me and diet foods are full of sugar, as well as a lot of savoury foods that keep the cravings alive that causes binges.
What I try to do: Adding lean protein(meat or veg proteins), fibre rich foods and eat complex carbs and limit sugary foods to one meal (treat) per week if you feel like eating it. I hope this helps

Last edited by melinda01; 05-08-2018 at 04:39 AM.
melinda01 is offline   Reply With Quote