Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-11-2016, 08:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Need Support To Get This Done

Hi, all, I was just contemplating why I am unable to succeed at weight loss. In my head it seems very easy, but for some reason 4pm is my Kryptonite and it all falls apart, then the guilt sets in, and finally I go to bed disgusted and disappointed with myself. So I decided what I need is a place to turn to in the afternoon when I am usually drawn to the kitchen. A place that would always be open and others would understand the struggle. I found this wonderful site and I am diving in. Looking forward to the journey with all of you
BethCDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 12:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/216.4/150ish

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FC! I also start out the day all gung ho but as the day goes on and the little stresses of the day start to pile up I find myself losing motivation. What I have found works for me is to visit discussion boards like this one and I also use My Fitness Pal to log my food and exercise. It seems like if I know I have to write something down in my food diary I will think long and hard about whether it is going to help me get to my goals. I made my diary public even though that was a really scary thing to do but I really wanted the motivation to do the right thing. Another thing I do is that when I find those late afternoon/evening cravings coming I find something fun to do to take my mind off it. For me it's needlework, crochet, and paper crafting. Although sometimes nothing works except going to bed - I'm not ashamed that I have made myself go to bed as early at 7pm just to keep myself out of that fridge! We do what we have to!! :-)

You are definitely in the right place to find others who understand!!

Good luck!

Rene aka gabby
gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:20 PM   #3  
Hard is not impossible.

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Beth,

I'm new here too.

One of my tips: Keep an adult coloring book near you when watching television. During the tempting food commercials... color. It helps me focus on something other than going into the kitchen to snack.

Wishing you the best of luck on your weight loss journey.
gypsyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #4  

this is exactly the problem and the feeling im facing as well. everything starts perfect, i go through the exercise, healthy breakfast, snack and than after lunch (around lunch) - the real problem starts. I feel like I would eat an elephant, that the time between lunch and snack and then dinner does not pass at all and then as soon as I get back home I attack the fridge and the shelves. I eat good food, but I eat a lot of it. For me the problem is not the food itself -its the quantity. all that hard work I do exercising goes to waste... and then i hate myself which triggers more eating. so i tell myself - ok, eat now but start seriously in the morning. and the circle continues. i don't remember when was the last time i was successful in keeping more than 5 days in a row with the quantity limitations. so, here I am. desperate for help and support.
MM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/177/145

Height: 5' 6"

beth,

i'm new here too. my "bad" time is AFTER dinner and before bedtime. i end up with the guilts too. i'm trying to find something to replace bad behavior with good behavior. last night, i switched from cheese (loaded) sandwich to 20 almonds. it worked well last night, but time will tell!
ryansdtr is offline   Reply With Quote