Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-29-2016, 02:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 400/368/250

Height: 6'

Thumbs up Hey there, everyone!

Hi! I'm 26, and just hit my highest weight for the second time in my life back in December. 400 on the dot! Last time I weighed this much was back in 2011.

I'm from the Pacific Northwest, born and raised. I love it here, even though I desperately want to go see other places.

My roommate and I are trying to buckle down on the whole "this is our year!" thing, since we're both at our heaviest right now. My biggest goal for this year is to lose weight and get in better shape, secondary goals working on not being such an anxious doormat lol.

My health has really gone downhill. I'm way too unhealthy for a 26 year old. I have PCOS, which kind of throws this whole weight loss thing into Hard Mode. On the recommendation of my endocrinologist, I'm trying the whole high-protein/low-carb thing. Juuuust started that, so we'll see how it goes! Between that and tweaking my medication, I'm really hoping we can find something that works for me to lose weight.

I have a lot of weight to lose, but I know I'll get there. I do a lot better with a support system. A whole village of people struggling with the same problems I am, and who can hold me accountable if I slip or don't keep up the way I'm supposed to be! I love forums, and really hope that I can find some friends here =)

I can also be one of those disgustingly chipper, bubbly, optimistic people who perpetually see the glass half full. So I guess I'm already in a decent mindset to lose weight. If you don't love yourself now, you're not going to love yourself in a smaller body.
feverpitchfiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:49 AM   #2  
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/185/155

Height: 5'7

Hello and Welcome!!!

It is great that you and your roommate can be on this journey together!! I have a co-worker who is trying to lose weight also so I know how nice it is to have someone else eating healthy with you when temptations creep up everywhere!

I am also in the "this is my year" boat! and plan on doing many new things to help me reach my goals but also just DO more. Like visit new places weather they be an hour away or 10 hours away. It sounds like you are in the right mind frame to do this and there is a lot of support to be had on this forum.

I hope to see you around and get to know you better
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote