Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #1  

Default Hey Everyone!

Hello all! I have been lurking on this site for a while now and then left for a while and now I'm back and ready to start my journey. I have never been happy with my weight but never really tried hard enough to do anything about it so instead of losing I consistently gained more and more weight over the years and ended up topping out at 287 in November of 2015. It definately affects everything in my life, not wanting to go places like theme parks or even take pictures. So I have decided 2016 will be my year and I'm going to committ to a plan. I have cut back alot on sodas and fast food in the last few months and have just added more vegetables to my diet and trying to be more conscious of what I eat. I weighed myself yesterday and I'm down to 278, and that's just from the changes I listed, so seeing that number definately motivated me to make the extra effort so I can see more positive changes. Reading everyones success stories on the site has also been a huge motivation and hopefully at some point I will be posting a success story of my own
Ruizgrl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:43 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Hi!

My parents both struggled with their weight for as long as I can remember. I think a majority of it came from bad eating habits (or simply my dad being a picky eater and my mom not being able to make what she wanted). There were many times that he stopped drinking soda and gatorade all the time and he dropped weight pretty quickly, much to the chagrin of my mom and I who never drank that much soda to begin with (lol). But he always managed to gain it back. I think portion control was a big problem in my family.

Anyway, after my mom passed in August 2013 he turned his focus to his health and started walking and changing his eating habits. He was probably around a 56 waist (not sure about how many pounds) but he has probably lost a good 60-70 pounds since then. He still has a ways to go but he has definitely inspired me to want to lose weight. Nobody wants to be the only heavy person in a family and that's where I am headed if I don't get started. As I stated in my intro, I have started and I'm happy with what I've done so far because I think that I have seen some progress.

You are doing great so far! Keep up the good work!
mrslovette is offline   Reply With Quote