Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-01-2016, 11:06 PM   #1  

Default sad :(

I'm kinda new...i've been here and there...and just don't post much .....but

I started out weight 267 lbs, in January, and I'm now down to 224 lbs. I'm very proud of my weight loss, and have no problems with the weigh loss portion , i got that down. However, I still have other issues.

I am NOT happy how I look naked. If it were just my upper belly and stuff I would be fine..but I have a HUGE lower belly Apron of fat that goes clear down over my pubic area . it's really embarrassing to me. I'm going to be meeting someone i've known for quite a while, and well, He might end up seeing me without clothes and it's embarrassing to me that he will have to see me like this. I am reading everything I can on the internet, and I'm coming to the conclusion that the ONLY way to get rid of it is to have liposuction and a tummy tuck to remove the skin. It has gotten smaller with the weight loss, but I cry every night , knowing that I cant get rid of it without surgery ....I don't know what to do ...has anyone else had this problem.....and SUCCEEDED without surgery?....Im about ready to just give up ....I can send pics in a private message if people want...Im so depressed
clreed73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:47 AM   #2  

http://remedydaily.com/2016/05/18/tr...ap_51983&t=syn Here is something to try.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

CL: I am sorry you feel poorly about what shape your body is in. You should be ecstatic to be down those 40 lbs, the body is elastic and will continue to change with your dieting. Let me tell you - if you feel said person will see you naked - why worry, especially if you are at that point? Hopefully said person loves you for you, your laughter, your mind, your smile our outside package does not always dictate who we are in the inside. Feel good about the job you have done thus far, we all have bits and wobbles and with time, diet and exercise things may change for you and remember too, this person's body may not be in "perfect" shape either and have their own hangups. We are all works in progress, give yourself a smile and don't focus on the small stuff that causes undo worry. Why does this person like you - for your body only or the rest of the whole package?
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #4  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

I am sorry about the fact that you are not comfortable in your naked self. I also feel the nerves when I undress in front of someone who I am trying to impress. However, a very good friend of mine when I was younger was the first man (BOY) to ever see me naked. I would cover my boobs and my belly and stand there as a very nervous 16 year old. He asked me at that point, why I was hiding? I had no answer, just a nervous laugh. He then said to me, the more confident that you are in your own skin, the less the other person is ever going to care that you are a little squishy.

It was pretty wise words for an imature 16 year old, yet they always kept with me. It doesn't mean that I don't get nervous, of course I do, But one boy, at sometime in my past, showed me that the right person will take you as you are.

He is still my best friend and his wife and I get on great lol.

In a more logical note. I sadly am cursed with the overhang too, and I know that when I loose all my weight, I may be able to tone my arms and legs, but I will never be able to tame that beast and surgery will be my only option of peace of mind.

Goodluck in any decision that you make
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:06 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

If you have health insurance, and the support of your doctor and a good surgeon, you might be able to have a panniculectomy covered for medical reasons.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote