Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-23-2016, 11:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/207/120

Height: 5"5

Default Losing My Motivation.

Hi, I'm Emily. I realized a few months back that I needed to make a change in my life. I was unhappy, unhealthy, and oh, so tired. Clocking in at 240, I hated seeing pictures of myself, or looking in the mirror. So I decided it was about time to start loosing the weight. I started first with calories counting - keeping it to about 1200 a day, and walking for an hour each day. I still ate fast food, drank pop, etc...no real life style changes, just counted calories, but despite that, the numbers on the scale began moving downwards. Then I decided to move to a new city. Unemployed for a couple of months, and in a new city where I didn't know many people, I spent a lot of my afternoons walking around. The weight kept coming off (still no real lifestyle changes to speak of), and I reached 200lbs. Eventually in December, I found a new job - office work, with a lot of sitting. I also met a guy (and with dating comes the typical eating out at restaurants). Feeling comfortable with him, the weight loss goal kind of went off to the sidelines - I gained about 7 lbs in 2 months. At the beginning of this month, the guy I was seeing let me know that he didn't `feel a spark`between us and wanted to "just be friends." Feeling devastated, all I wanted to do (as I typically do) was smother my emotions in comfort food. Instead, I decided to use this disappointment as a catalyst to restart my weight loss lifestyle change with vigor. I joined a gym, and started going 5 nights week, trying to remain for at least 60-90min and burn at minimum 500 cal. Though I will often get up to 800-1000. I cut out all fast food, sugar, etc. And worked to only eat healthy, home cooked food - nothing packaged (the only "cheat" to that is that sometimes I will buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, as with work and the gym, I am so exhausted all I want to do is collapse, never mind cook. XD). Still no budge on the scale. I've even started counting carbs along with calories. It`s been three weeks, and the scale hasn't moved. I don`t know what I`m doing wrong. I`m feeling so hopeless right now, and beginning to loose my motivation. Right now it feels like it`s all pain and no gain (er...loss) and I feel like I`m going to be stuck at this size forever. I`ve heard good things about the 3FC community and I thought I`d join, and try to feel inspired again. Thanks for reading my rant.
sassylime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:52 AM   #2  
Garmin: TrixieCatLAX

S/C/G: 205.3 / 188.4 / 145.0

Height: 5'5"

Hi, sassylime and

Sorry for the late reply. No probs about the rant! Before you let go of your motivation, take a good peruse around the forums. Many people have gone through very similar weight loss plateaus and challenges (heartbreak, being busy) and can share their experiences with you.
I'm not a huge fan of Jillian Michaels, but she does know what she's talking about. She points out some things that could be causing a plateau. It may seem like obvious stuff, but it's worth a look (X).

I hope to see you around the forums!
TrixieCatLAX is offline   Reply With Quote