Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #1  

Default Taking a step

So, I hemmed and hawed for a few hours before I decided to go ahead and post

I don't want to start this introduction like I've started so many others...talking about my weight and how I hope this try is different than the others...bladeebla...I'm posting on 3FC, It's obvious that I want to lose weight, the struggle is obviously real for me.

I haven't told anyone in my life about this attempt, not my hub, mom, friends, coworkers, anyone, but not because I don't have faith in myself. I just don't want to go into detail about what I am doing this time because I simply am weary and don't feel like fielding questions and enduring comments from them about why I chose it and whether or not it's healthy (it is) and sustainable and shouldn't you do this instead or just stop eating X (carbs, fat, food)...

Anyway, I went on a tangent...

I'm 36. I'm a wife and a mom of 3 and I work full-time. I've had my share of fat experience. I'm ready to experience NOT being fat, enjoying exercise, not feeling too self conscious to do things I've always wanted to do, like belly dancing, or cosplay, martial arts...and no, I don't have the confidence to "live life" anyway despite being fat, I tried "faking it until I make it" and it didn't end well.

I want to be able to dress in the style I want to dress without having to become a seamstress or shell out extra cash for the larger sizes. I want to be what I want to be for Halloween and buy a costume off the rack instead of having to choose from what fits amongst those costumes that are "plus-sized". I don't want to be the fat one in pictures anymore...I want to believe my hub when he says I am beautiful and not think that he is just humoring me because he loves me.

Anyway, I could go on forever with the "I wants"...I'm just going to hang out for a while with you guys if that's okay...I don't have any expectations, no "goal weight" I'm shooting toward, I'm just going to do this, see what happens, and let the results speak for me.
minasflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:33 PM   #2  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Good luck on your (kinda) secret diet!

Are you doing any specific diet?
Do you have a weight loss goal before you join martial arts or belly dancing? (very cool!)
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote