Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #1  
1cameorose

S/C/G: 259

Height: 5'3''

Default Need support from people that wear my shoes

I am 60 over 150 pounds over weight with diabetes. I have no one in my world that I can talk to other than my doctor. And that is about 10 minutes and 150. dollars. I am a foodaholic. My weight is now affecting how I walk and move. I've been told low carb diet is good for diabetic's. But I've been told weight watchers is good, but to many carbs not good for T2. What to do I am lost?
1cameorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/220/150

Height: 5'5

Hi Cameorose,

I just joined this group yesterday, but have been changing my eating habits for 3 months now after a scare from the doctor and very high sugar levels. I did a lot of research and from that decided that the best way is to count my carbs, making sure that they are spread throughout the day. Doing this I got my blood sugar down from a wake up call all time worst of 19 fasting (omg, not sure how I ever let it get so high!) to an average of about 5.8 each morning. (To get the US numbers, you multiply those numbers by 18.)

What I do is limit my daily carbs to 240 grams, making sure not to have more than 60 grams of carbs for each of breakfast, lunch and supper, and up to 2 snacks of 20-30 carbs each. A lot of labels list carbs, and for anything that doesn't, Google will. So far I have lost over 20 pounds doing this since the beginning of October, and I feel much better already. For once my doctor actually smiled and kept saying how proud she was instead of head shaking and warnings. I too love food, especially chocolate, but find that on this way of eating, I am never left hungry, and can have just about anything in moderation. My doc has approved what I am doing, and if I can be of any help, just let me know.
LighthouseGirlNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:08 AM   #3  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi, 1cameorose, welcome to 3FC! I have no dieting advice to offer, but I think you might find it helpful to check out 3FC's Diabetes Support forum, if you haven't already. Good luck!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225-224-199

Height: 5'6'' or 168 cm

You dont have to decide right away. Try to make small changes for now and see what works. Its not easy to talk about your weight problems with people who dont get it.

Good luck!
Fire Lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Highly, HIGHLY recommend a ketogenic diet for diabetes. Yes low carb is the best and can reverse T2 symptoms. Check out Dr Bernstein.

http://www.diabetes-book.com/about/

http://www.ruled.me/the-ketogenic-diet-and-diabetes/
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:44 PM   #6  

Also try start walking a little at a time this can help you feel good and I find I eat better .we our here for you
baily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Cameorose, I post on the Diabetes Forum and you and anyone else are welcome to join us. We are all struggling with our blood sugar and weight loss and try to learn from each other. It's not easy losing weight, and someone who is not diabetic doesn't understand the extra challenges we have from our diabetes.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote