Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-13-2015, 02:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/251/160

Height: 5'4

Default Back after a looong break, starting back at the beginning.

I am returning after a long break from 3FC. I actually lost 100 lbs and made it to my goal..... And then it started slipping back on. I eventually got very depressed and became a serious binge eater. I am now as heavy as I have ever been and the weight is really affecting how I feel about myself. I recently noticed that I was constantly thinking that I was the biggest person in the room, we went to the mall and that was all I could think was that I was the biggest woman that I saw in the whole mall. I have never before been a person who is hung up on looks or size but I when I look in the mirror I was no longer seeing myself, I have gotten to the point that I am disgusted by what I see. These feelings started worrying me so I decided to see a counselor who encouraged me to see a Dr. I am now working with my doctor to get myself back on track. We are starting with medication and if this doesn't work my next step will be lap band. I am also still working through the feelings, hopefully one day I can get back to liking the person I see in the mirror. I think that the 3FC community will help give me the support I need to find myself again. It is nice not to have to walk this road alone.
Melodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 06:50 AM   #2  

Hi Melodie,

I understand exactly how you're feeling having gone through the same experience more than once.

It's not an easy thing to live with, it's going to take time to lose weight naturally so you need to accept this and accept yourself, be happy and love yourself as you won't be able to love the world or others without this

Losing weight, getting stronger and being healthier is a great feeling and this will help you along the way

Going against the medical world is always a big taboo, but i will say that the only one who can truly address your problems are you.

Look for solutions from within that don't involve drugs or operations, these won't help you understand and overcome the reasons why you put the weight back on in the first place

It's going to be different for everyone, but one of the reasons i binge eat is due to physical pain. old injuries leave me in a constant state of pain, plus the stress of being overweight simply amplifies this

It might be physical or psychological, it might be something environmental which drives you to binge eat, find it and work through or around it

If you're like me and have issues which aren't easily fixed(or can be fixed at all) then you have to resolve to live with this. Using a crutch like food, painkillers, alcohol, tv or anything else which can be abused to take you away from your problems isn't the answer

You still have the same issues and new ones thank to the crutch

Good luck and remember, love yourself
limberc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/231.2/140

Height: 5foot 4in

Good luck & well done for coming back!
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:00 PM   #4  
Jodi

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5'4" - 47 years old

Hi Melodie,
I know what you mean about feeling (being) the fattest person in the room/place. I am THERE! I have never made it to goal, so I'm trying again. I wish you much success!
Jodi
NurseMom1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:28 PM   #5  
Truly Blessed

Location: I live in a little small town call Lake City, South Carolina home of Dr. Ron E. McNair

S/C/G: 225/224/145

Height: 5'4

Hello Melodie,
I am just starting over myself and will began the Dash Diet on Monday, Dec 21, 2015. I have to lose weight for myself.
Blessedat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/169/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello all!

I am returning after being off the health wagon for about 2 years. Lots of depression from family issues, relationship struggles, and now from gaining weight. It's been really hard the past year and a half.

This forum was a great support when I was much closer to my goal weight before, so I hope coming back and staying active will help motivate me even more. (Don't let my signature slider fool you, I need to weigh and change it, it shows a much lower weight, lol! *sigh*)
bsbgirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:12 AM   #7  

Hi Melodie ....

Welcome back - I wish you well ..... I am trying to get back into it all too ....

All the best
Smilingin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:25 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodie View Post
me to see a Dr. I am now working with my doctor to get myself back on track. We are starting with medication and if this doesn't work my next step will be lap band.
What meds are you using?

I've used the P-word (I can't remember the spelling) before and love it. But it kind makes me angry. But I'm WAY productive on it.

I'm now taking the new one that has Wellbutrin in it. Again, I forgot the name.

And I'm also on ADHD meds, which definitely help. I'm on it for actual ADHD, not weight loss, but it helps with focus, anxiety AND keeping my metabolism up. If you're depressed, you might ask your doc about that. I was originally diagnosed with depression, but later anxiety. They run hand in hand.

You can totally do this. We're all here rooting for you - you WILL stop feeling like you're the biggest in the room. And you'll likely also start feeling like you're the coolest and most awesome person.

Remember, the obstacle is the way. (And if you need extra motivation, read the book by that title: The Obstacle Is the Way. It's SO good!)

#xoxo
Bon
MathFour is offline   Reply With Quote