Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-10-2015, 09:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 400.2/346/130

Height: 5"4' or so

Default I can do this. I know I can. Right?

Hello everyone. I have been overweight my whole life. I am a 41 y/o woman. I have tried everything. I joined Weight Watchers in 2005 and in 3 years lost 100 pounds with the program. However, over time I put the weight back on. In March of 2014 I joined TOPS and my total weight loss with them is 70 pounds, although I am currently at 50 pounds loss.

I have a hard time exercising. I start and then quit for some reason. I want to start and stay with it. I do several different things. I do a Leslie Sansone 4 mile video. I like to go for walks listen to my ipod so I keep my pace up. Also, there is this class that I like to go to. Only problem with it is that is starts at 5:45 a.m. I just need to get my butt up to go. If I got up for that I could get up the other mornings and do my workout video at that same time. Then I wouldn't have to fit it in later, and if I would be able to do it again great!! I also go swimming at the Y. I would love to get a trainer at the Y but can't afford it.

Any advice about how to get started working out? And how to stick with it? I know I need to do it and I am starting to actually enjoy it. Apparently that isn't enough though. Also, any music you can suggest for workouts would be greatly appreciated.
NDGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi NDGal! I saw you may have found a weight loss buddy in another thread here in Introductions and I hope that works out for you, because I think that may be a good solution for you! If it doesn't, there is a buddy thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...dy-search.html or you might want to post a thread on the exercise forum asking for an exercise buddy there: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/. Congrats on the weight you've lost so far and even if you don't end up with an individual buddy, there is so much support offered by people here! So welcome and good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 10-10-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:15 PM   #3  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

If you want to wake up early (which is an excellent idea), focus on the night before. Prepare yourself so all your stuff is ready (so you're not scrabbling around in the dark, trying not to wake up sleeping people) but also mentally prepare yourself. As you fall asleep, visualise yourself waking up early, jumping out of bed, and feeling excited to start the day with exercise.
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 400.2/346/130

Height: 5"4' or so

Hello! Jacqui, my sister lives in Ohio. :-) Raisin, thank you for the advice. I actually did get up this morning and worked out. I plan on it staying that way. I didn't get as much exercise as I would have liked but I am happy with what I did do. :-)
NDGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome! If you can't afford a trainer at the Y on a regular basis, do they offer a free one time consult? If not, since you enjoy the pool, perhaps in doing laps of the stroke that you are comfortable with. I found when I swam back stroke for 35 minutes 3X a week, I was able to drop weight over 6 months time that was close to 40 lbs. I also would break up my laps with swimming laps using the kick board, that was just fine too - except you aren't moving your arms.

Or perhaps you can befriend someone at your Y that can help guide you on trying new exercise in your time. I know how waking up really early can be, I used to always do that, now with kids, not so much. But once you make the effort and start seeing results, you will get it to be just a part of your daily routine, it's making the initial effort that can be hardest.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:05 AM   #6  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDGal View Post
Hello! Jacqui, my sister lives in Ohio. :-) Raisin, thank you for the advice. I actually did get up this morning and worked out. I plan on it staying that way. I didn't get as much exercise as I would have liked but I am happy with what I did do. :-)

Right on, girl!
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote