Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-23-2015, 04:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/300/140

Height: 5,4

Default I'm Ready for Change.

Hello, all.
My name is Lindsey and I'm currently larger than I've ever been in my life. I'm not sure how I'm going to lose the weight, but I'm here to take a look at some of the success stories and see what they did.

Last year, my doctor prescribed Remeron for severe insomnia. It took care of the insomnia, however, I gained 80 pounds on the drug. I went up from 220 pounds (which is already a high weight for me.), to 300 pounds. It took less than six months. I'm still on the drug, but the side effect of weight gain and increase of appetite is gone for the most part.

I want to lose 160 pounds. I'm so desperate. I'm so big, I hardly even enjoy life anymore. My favorite thing to do used to be ride roller coasters, but I can't even do that anymore. I was so embarrassed on the airplane this summer when I had to ask for a seatbelt extender even though the flight attendant was very kind. I can't look in mirrors. I just hate to see myself like this. I got married this year at this weight and I just can't believe that in all my pictures, I literally look like a beached whale. I'll only ever get one wedding. I'm terrified that my husband and I will never be able to conceive a child because of my weight. I want to be a mother!

I'm sorry for the long rambling post. I haven't talked to anyone about how I feel about this, so the words just came tumbling out.

Last edited by shrinkinglindsey; 09-23-2015 at 04:23 PM.
shrinkinglindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/178/130

Height: 5'2"

Smile Hello and hugs

Hi there shrinking, you've come to the right place. I'm restarting after a long absence, and although my story is different than yours, I share many of the same feelings as you. I hope you are doing well and are finding much support and help. You can do this.

Last edited by Lemondrop01; 09-24-2015 at 10:14 PM. Reason: my post didn't make sense - grammar
Lemondrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:57 PM   #3  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Welcome Shrinkinglindsey and good congrats on your wedding ,(I'm a newlywed too ). Take a look at some of the subforums, everyone on here is so helpful, even though it gets quiet sometimes. I started my weight loss journey because I had to ask for a seatbelt extender on a plane too--and I've come a long way since that day. Good luck !!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome Lindsey! You can definitely lose the weight. This forum is full of great tips and great people. It has helped me a ton already.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Lindsey! Take a deep breath. It's going to get better! Just take it one day, one baby step at a time. Make 160 lbs your big goal but meanwhile set mini goals, maybe 10 lbs at a time and celebrate each time you reach one because those mini-goals are going to lead you straight to your big goal! You can do this! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 09-26-2015 at 01:19 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:51 AM   #6  

Thank you, all, for your words and thoughts!
Old 10-04-2015, 12:52 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisskiss View Post
Welcome Shrinkinglindsey and good congrats on your wedding ,(I'm a newlywed too ). Take a look at some of the subforums, everyone on here is so helpful, even though it gets quiet sometimes. I started my weight loss journey because I had to ask for a seatbelt extender on a plane too--and I've come a long way since that day. Good luck !!
Congratulations!
Old 10-05-2015, 10:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 313/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9

Welcome! I'm new here too but wanted to say hi. We can do this! I'm sorry you have had such trouble with the medication, I know insomnia and it is a b-i-t-c-h. I was in the 300's when I started and have just gotten to the point where I am back in the normal seatbelts on planes too. I know that feeling. I know what it's like to want to staple a sign saying IT'S A MEDICAL CONDITION to your face so people aren't judgemental, but I always think it's more about them then it ever will be about you. Sending you internet hugs!
Catkin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:24 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catkin04 View Post
Welcome! I'm new here too but wanted to say hi. We can do this! I'm sorry you have had such trouble with the medication, I know insomnia and it is a b-i-t-c-h. I was in the 300's when I started and have just gotten to the point where I am back in the normal seatbelts on planes too. I know that feeling. I know what it's like to want to staple a sign saying IT'S A MEDICAL CONDITION to your face so people aren't judgemental, but I always think it's more about them then it ever will be about you. Sending you internet hugs!
Thanks, Kat! It was so very hard. How you can be so exhausted, but you cannot go to sleep. I felt trapped in this world, like I was in a jail cell.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/146/125

Height: 5'4

Hi Lindsey. Welcome I am currently the biggest I've ever been in my life too & I'm so ready to make a change. Maybe we can help each other
Chunkychick99 is offline   Reply With Quote