Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-15-2015, 03:41 PM   #1  

Default Newcomer here!

Greetings, I'm Snorlax (for obvious reasons) and I am here to hopefully find some support to get on the right track! I'm 24, and 260lbs. 260. Two hundred sixty freaking pounds.

I am so ashamed. The internet helps so I don't have to show my face but can still interact with many and get on the right track with everyone else! I just hope the tips you guys give me and others are super useful, because I have the WORST obsession with baked goods and a nonexistent sense of willpower. I hope I can find support from fellow chunky, bodacious women such as myself and we can find a way to all get healthier! Screw just being fit to look good, that's just a bonus ^^ I have two children that i have to be around for many years to come! Let's all get on the right track together and be big fat losers!
SufferingSnorlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC, Snorlax. I'm sure you will find lots of support. There are a great number of people that have or are going through the same challenges as you. I find it very motivating to read the Goal forms. Good luck on your journey!

Last edited by katiam247; 09-16-2015 at 06:55 AM.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #3  

Welcome Snorlax!

The forums are so helpful and you will definitely find the support you need. I think many of us, myself included, joined the site because they need extra support and encouragement that they are lacking to take on the challenges of this journey. I have found the best thing is to just jump on in with posting.

Best of luck to you
Raining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Snorfax! You can do this! Just tackle your weight in small increments, set mini-goals, and before you know it, you'll have lost a lot of weight! Since you have an obsession with baked goods, it sounds like you need to focus on a low-carb or slow-carb diet. As long as you keep eating bread and other starchy/sugary foods, you will continue to crave them. You may think the cravings are leading to the eating, but the eating also leads to the cravings. It's a vicious cycle, and the only way to stop it is to stop eating the foods that are causing the cravings, at least until you can get it under better control. Take a look around the site and jump right in! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181.2/181.6/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Snorfax! You can do this! Just tackle your weight in small increments, set mini-goals, and before you know it, you'll have lost a lot of weight! Since you have an obsession with baked goods, it sounds like you need to focus on a low-carb or slow-carb diet. As long as you keep eating bread and other starchy/sugary foods, you will continue to crave them. You may think the cravings are leading to the eating, but the eating also leads to the cravings. It's a vicious cycle, and the only way to stop it is to stop eating the foods that are causing the cravings, at least until you can get it under better control. Take a look around the site and jump right in! Good luck!
This is very true. One of the best tips I ever heard was "you don't crave what you don't eat. It just takes a while.

Snorlax- welcome! I'm new too.
AtCapacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265.5/260.2/150

Height: 5'4"

Completely relate to your story. I've got ten years on you, but I weigh about the same...cannot believe the number on the scale. I also have two children and it hurts me to hurt them in my isolation. I pretend that it doesn't affect them, but I know it does.
The above commenter had it right: we need to take this incrementally so we aren't as overwhelmed by the big-picture. Keep posting, I look forward to talking to you more!
Lemontart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 323/342/200

Height: 5'6''

Welcome Snorlax! I am also working on my self-control/willpower; I've found that it's definitely best to celebrate even small victories as you go. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your progress!
MinervaMoo is offline   Reply With Quote