Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-09-2015, 08:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/146/125

Height: 5'4

Default Hi!! I think I need some support this time :)

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself.. I'm Nik, I'm in my 20s and struggling to keep off the weight I've lost so far and lose that last 20 lbs for good.
I was a really heavy child/teen and I lost about 90 pounds in college, but I've gained and lost the last 20 lbs of that several times since then. (Just gained it back again)

I got really into long distance running last year.. I love running and I want to be in the best shape I can so I can keep running, but just running isn't helping me keep the weight off, especially since I'm a terrible emotional eater and I completely hate all exercise except running.

Anyway, I figured that since I keep trying the same things over and over again to lose weight and keep failing, it might be time to try something new. I've never really had support before so I figured that would be a good place to start!
I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone here and being able to support each other through this process
RunningNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191.4/191.4/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi Nik! I'm new to this forum as well! Congrats on your past weight loss success and your pursuit of health! I definitely relate to needing to address emotional eating and gaining support on top of food and exercise changes. The causes of my ups and downs with food, and thus weight, are pretty tricky and I'm finally getting more support around them too. Good luck to you! Hopefully we can be of support to each other.
kamcpherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome! Congrats on all the weight you've lost so far. Compared to that, 20 lbs is nothing, but I have heard the last ones are the hardest. Don't beat yourself up though, because what you've accomplished is great!

Maybe you can try a calorie counting app like Lose It or My Fitness Pal. Tracking everything you eat seems to help a lot. Like they say, you can't outrun a bad diet. Good luck!

Last edited by LesGetFit; 09-09-2015 at 08:25 PM.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:08 PM   #4  
It is what it is...

Welcome Nik !! Impressive weight loss ...I know you can do this !! Good luck
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #5  

I wish I loved to run! I try to make it something I like but just can't seem to do it
dserum06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Nik! Congrats on being 20 lbs down and keep it going! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote