Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 360/360/200

Height: 5'8"

Default New summer... New me...

Hey my name is Jodi. I am 17 years old and weight 360 lbs. Im from canada also

Im here to get help and lose weight. I need tips and tricks. I want to be 200 lbs by christmas.
Over300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 258/238/190

Height: 5'7"

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too. Congratulations on joining and your decision to get healthy! I have faith that you'll be able to make it happen.
LoriBee62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Jodi! The key to losing weight is not to jump into fad diets or too restrictive diets. They are bound to fail and leave you feeling defeated and guilty. Just start eating sensibly. It sounds simple, but I'm sure you are aware, it's not easy! For some people (like me) quick-burning carb foods can trigger your appetite. So on my diet, I've had to reduce sweets, potatoes, pasta, dairy, bread, cereal, fruits, all those wonderful foods that I'm attracted to but burn quickly and cause my blood sugar to spike and then plummet, causing me to want even more of those types of foods to try to get my blood sugar up again, even if I just ate! On my diet, I do without those foods for 6 days and then I can have them on the 7th day. Some people allow just smaller quantities of those foods each day, and that works very well for them (but they trigger me so I'd be overeating everyday if I did that). Some people do well just staying away from processed foods and eating whole foods, foods raw or cooked in their natural state. There are lots of sensible ways to lose weight and it doesn't take harsh diets or Marine bootcamp exercising. If you haven't decided on a weigh loss plan yet, visit our Diet section and take a look around and see what you think might work best for you. I wish you the best! You can do it!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote