Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-19-2015, 02:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/155/120

Height: 5

Default Aloha from Hawaii..

Aloha.. well.... here I am trying to get back to my old self... AGAIN. I am so beyond tired of going through this roller coaster over and over again. I'd like to say that this will be my last battle, but i don't trust that will be true.
I love to be active, but I have had several medical issues and injuries over the past few years.. and coming up to the big 5-0 I started gaining weight back again.. But this time I try to fight it off..and nothing is happening. I am desperate. The extra weight makes me feel worthless and it adds to my chronic pain.
I LOVE food.. especially if its not good for me and I use it as a crutch.
Example.. today I saw myself in the dressing room mirror. Self loathing immediately followed.. and now eating bowls full of cereal.
pity party for 1 tonight.. Tomorrow is another day... right?
jaedid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

jaedid! You are not alone on that roller coaster! Many of us here have been through it. In my late 40's (I'm 54 now) I felt the exact same way as you, but I've jumped back on a couple of times since then. This time I feel like I have a much better understanding of how my body operates and I definitely have more determination! And a dressing room mirror is enough to make almost any of us want to drown ourselves in cereal, lol! Just take this one step at a time so you don't become overwhelmed or burn yourself out quickly. First decide what diet plan you want to use (counting calories, going low carb, eating whole foods, doing Weight Watchers or some other sponsored weight loss plan, etc.) Once you have that down and feel comfortable with the plan you've chosen (my plan made ALL the difference for me! I finally found one well-suited to me), then you can start adding in some exercise. You mentioned medical issues. Just do what you can. Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise, so you can do this! People here will help you! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:48 AM   #3  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Aloha, this is doable!
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228 / 217/ Lose the next pound

Height: 5' 7"

Aloha Jaedid! You are truly not alone. Most of us have been there done that!

For me it was a matter of changing my mindset. There are so many possible approaches to weight lose and finding one that works for you or me for the long term is a challenge.

Hang in there. There are alot of people here that have faced this challenge and you'll find lots of support.

Welcome to the forum and just read, read, read. Good Luck!

Last edited by UncleRodge; 06-19-2015 at 09:48 AM.
UncleRodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/155/120

Height: 5

Thank you all for such a sweet and warm welcome. Jacui D: I am looking around and realizing there are many more "diet" options than I knew. Guess I will be busy reading up! MauiKai: So happy to see another kama'aina And, UncleRodge, thank you for the hope! I really needed that right now
Presently I count calories and juice combo...not getting results.. so I will be trying to mix it up and do something new. I walk 3-5 miles about 4 times a week... depending if the body is able. I spoke with a Dr. today and she is referring me to a nutritionist. Lets see what else I can learn. You CAN teach and old dog new tricks.
Thank you so much for the welcome. I can't wait to dive in.
jaedid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

WELCOME JAEDID!!!

Yes, you are not alone. There are more people out here like you than you could probably imagine. So you have lots of people here who understand. People who can encourage you/inspire you & help you break not so healthy habits. We are here for the cheer, the hug, & even the push you may need now & then.

Your goal is definitely doable! I think most all goals are doable, except maybe wanting to loose all excess weight overnight. Remember it took time to put it on, it'll take some time to take it off. Just be diligent, but above all patient with yourself. We are right beside you, so do not give up!!

Once again, WELCOME!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote