Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-15-2015, 11:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Default Return of Mrs. Trying Again

Well, I hate to say it, but here I am again after a long absence. I need some support, encouragement & help. Life hasn't been really kind since I was here last.

Let's see, my hubby has had some serious health issues. Diagnosed with AFib, had a TIA, had to have a pacemaker put in & then struggles by the truckload with his medications. Then last fall, I had to have an emergency hysterectomy. That laid me up for 12 weeks, because my suture didn't want to heal correctly. Then MENOPAUSE!!! I just got my hormones under control as of about a week ago! FINALLY!!! It has felt like living in the weirdest purgatory I've ever been in, but now I feel calmer, have less hot flashes & I'm sleeping!! WOO HOO!!

Enough about the past, what's up now? As soon as I felt better I started walking again & definitely improved my eats. Eating was ALL COMFORT eating when I was battling hormones. I've eaten clean for a whole week, cut out soda almost completely & drank H2O. Feel 100% better!
When I saw my gyno last he said I really need to lose weight. Well, DUH!!! I weighed in at 277!!! My mini-goal is to be down at least 20 lbs. by the times of my Nov. appt.!!! I'm going to show him just what I can do when I feel human!

I look forward to catching up with anyone who is still here & meeting others! BE HEALTHY!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

BACK, MrsTryingAgain! I'm sorry you've been through all those trials, but it's wonderful that you've jumped back on the weight loss wagon now that you are feeling better! Clean eating, cutting out soda, walking, and coming back to 3FC are surefire winning strategies! You'll get those 20 lbs off by November, no doubt at all! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:08 AM   #3  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey MsT! I remember you from the time when I joined up! And your lovely nature pix!

to you and your DH. I remember how close you were/are.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTryingAgain View Post

When I saw my gyno last he said I really need to lose weight. Well, DUH!!!

BE HEALTHY!!!

Aren't you just amazed when they state the obvious? LOL

Welcome back! Hope you can hook up with your previous friends, but if not, there's lots of us here willing to give you support.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

It's kind of funny cause all the times I was struggling & gaining more & more weight, I knew out there somewhere my cyber friends were fighting the good fight. It's time I joined you once again. A place where I knew I could have someone cheer me, kick my behind when I need it & encourage me when things are rocky. Glad this place is still here!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:17 AM   #6  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

I hear you on menopause, MrsT. I'm feeling the effects and it's harder than ever to lose weight. Good luck to you. Awesome that you have recovered from your surgery and are forging ahead.
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:48 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

I haven't hit menopause yet, but those hormones make it so hard to lose weight (and so easy to put it on). I have impaired glucose tolerance and symptoms of PCOS. Basically, my hormones are out of whack, estrogen and birth control make me want to eat everything in sight, and too much insulin makes my body store the sugar as fat. Then, being fat makes the hormones more out of whack. Ugh...

So glad you got your hormones under control and trying again. This is my umpteenth go round after years of yoyo dieting. I too am aiming to be HEALTHY, not SKINNY.
aml0017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:02 AM   #8  

Hi Mrs Trying Again,

Sorry to hear about your husband's heart problems.. Just wondering if you husband has ever been tested for Sleep Apnea? It is a major cause of afib. Sometimes docs don't think about checking it, but my cardiologists and lung docs all say EVERY patient with heart trouble should be checked for it. Just a thought..=) I have sleep apnea and wear a mask at night... Good luck on reaching your weight loss goals!! Wishing you and your husband all the best in your medical recovery. I am trying to lose over 100 pounds.. seems impossible to be here on this journey or see the end in sight.. but I just keep reminding myself... "The journey of a 1000 miles, begins with ONE step." =)

Last edited by lgodisgood; 06-19-2015 at 12:03 AM.
lgodisgood is offline   Reply With Quote