Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/231/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Getting my confidence back!

Hello! I'm Kalen, I'm 21, and I live in Kansas. I'm trying to get back on the weight loss wagon because I was a lot skinnier a year ago.

I lived in the college dorms for 2 years, and I had access to fresh food, lots of vegetables, custom made sandwiches, and a really great salad bar. I went from about 200 or more (size 18) when I started college to probably 180 (size 14) when I moved out last May. My problem has been living in an apartment.

First off, my depression, which I have struggled with my whole life, reared its ugly head again last November and it really took a toll on me.

Partially due to depression and partially due to being 21 and not knowing how to take care of myself, I have been eating an INSANE amount of fast food since I moved. I'm almost positive this is the source of my weight gain. At my last doctor's appointment I weighed in at 231 (which, admittedly, might be a pound or two off because I was about to start my period) and I knew that something had to change.

Even though I'm fighting a summer cold right now, I made a trip to the grocery store yesterday and bought actual food that can be turned into at least moderately healthy meals.

I also plan on starting some sort of exercise routine. My boyfriend is a runner, so maybe I could take that up.

Short term, I'd love to get back down under 200 and have fast food less than 4 times a month. Long term, I'd like to reach 160 and hardly ever eat out!
kalenbobalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

kalenbobalen! You can do this! You have a plan of healthy eating, avoiding junk food, and exercising, and that will work wonders for you! Joining 3fc was an excellent move as well! People are very supportive here, so look around and jump right in! Dig your heels in on that new plan to lose weight and make it happen!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #3  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Your plan sounds pretty good so far! Isn't it funny how a simple change of environment can change our habits? I've always found it so hard to eat well if I don't have a really well structured system to help me out. Definitely something for me to work on haha but yeah, it's pretty hard!

Good luck, though! You've lost weight once, so I'm sure you can do it again now that it's an established goal c:
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248?/173/130

Good for you!

Cutting out the junk food and eating a more healthy diet is a huge plus, IMO.

Exercise, for sure. If you want. But don't run because your boyfriend runs. Run because it's what YOU like best. Try different exercises, too, so you know what you like. Not only is it good to focus on yourself, but you don't want to quit the running if you quit the boyfriend!

Congrats on your start!
Stripes 237 is offline   Reply With Quote