Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-23-2015, 05:41 PM   #1  
writing4NicoleC

S/C/G: 200/195/140

Height: 5'6"

Default First timer sounds better then old-timer but I am that too

Hi All, I am a 40 yr old mother of three with a new resolution to lose weight and be healthy.....not much choice there the doctor says I have to lose weight....First I just changed the way I eat, my husband removed all the pop from our house I was drinking 5-6 cans a day, then I started to try and cut out the junk food (I still snack though and then feel bad about it)....since the scale hadn't moved I joined the YMCA about a month ago and have been doing aqua-fit twice a week and very little on the rower and bike so I am now down 5lbs seems like the road ahead is a very long road indeed

I have been suffering with depression (self diagnosed) and to ashamed to go to the docs about it and I am hoping with a weight loss and with more me time (the kids seem to need me less) I hope to ease out of the blues. Does anyone know if weight and depression are linked?
writing4NicoleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Nicole!
I'm 64 so You are a young little chick a dee to me. Yes depression can be linked to weight gain. Give some though to going sugar free as it is also linked to depression. I did almost 9 months ago- have dropped 92 pounds since then. I was major depressed before I went off the sugar and it was like flipping the joy switch as my body detoxed from sugar.
You'll get lots of support here. Make a commitment to yourself to keep coming at least 3 weeks. It takes 3 weeks to make changes. Have fun here.

Last edited by FairyGaia; 05-23-2015 at 05:52 PM.
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #3  
writing4NicoleC

S/C/G: 200/195/140

Height: 5'6"

what does it mean to go sugar free?
writing4NicoleC is offline   Reply With Quote