Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-24-2015, 10:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/229/120

Height: 5ft7

Post 19 years old 233 pounds 5ft7 need support

I've never EVER been this heavy before. But I realize it's killing me. I have PCOS, prediabetes, and something wrong with blood flow in my ankles. I don't want to die. I also don't want to be fat. I have to lose this weight. I'm 19 and have bipolar disorder. I won't give up on myself. I just won't.
thin is my destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #2  
300+ Chick

Great attitude! YOU can do it!! with your efforts!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #3  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! We have similar stats (well, technically the exact same right now since we're the same height and both at 233 right now).

Coming here is a great step! People are great and supportive and you'll have everything you need here to change your life
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 276/257/200

Height: 5'6

Welcome! I'm 20 and at 260. It's gonna be a long road, but you can do it!
JigglyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Welcome! Hi thin! There is a lot of support on here. With all those disease processes starting the nice thing is. You have time to reverse them! You can "fix" pre diabetes, and likely the blood flow to your ankles. And you're young enough to where if you make these changes now, you will be so grateful to yourself later on!
One thing I noticed is your goal weight of 110. At a height of 5'7" that puts you underweight. I know BMI isn't a perfect indicator. But as a "tall-ish" girl. Perhaps set a higher goal weight? If you reach that goal weight and still believe you have room to lose, then go for it!
Obviously only you truly know yourself and know what is best for you
Good luck on this journey! With an attitude like that you will go far.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Welcome!! I love your attitude. I started for health reasons as well. I gave up sugar and it has changed my life in so many wonderful ways. I recommend you read " Sugar Shock" by Connie Bennett and Stephen T Sinatra, M.D .You'll never see sugar the same way again- rarely be tempted.
You'll get lots of emotional help here. It's so wonderful to get that it's for your health at such a young age. Take advantage of that before you're 64 like I am and wish you knew then what you do now. Happy to pass that along anytime.

Last edited by FairyGaia; 04-24-2015 at 06:09 PM.
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote