Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-16-2015, 09:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Default hi

I've yoyo'd with my weight my whole life. ..mostly gaining. I had my "ah ha" moment this week and so I'm glad I found this online support bc I'm feeling more lonely than ever. I guess ah ha moments are like being at rock bottom for an addict. So sorry my mood isn't so great and Gung ho, but I'm still kinda wallowing in the realization of my fatness at the tune of 317 lbs.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:42 PM   #2  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Hey, we all have to go through the emotions. Feel what you got to feel, then wipe it off and get ready to love yourself to healthy!!! You can do it, check out the goals section, there are plenty od people making all kinds of goals, even at the tune of 317.

You don't have to do this alone, soany od us here can relate. The important thing is you noticed and you're going to make steps and changes. Be proud! If you don't already have plan, poke around at others and find something you like and adapt it until it works for you start with small changes and work your way up. Aim for a walk three times a week, or cut out sugary drinks, etc. Find healthy foods and activities you like!

Welcome and good luck!!!
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:56 PM   #3  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Welcome to 3FC and good luck on your weight loss goals?

if you don't mind me asking, what was your "aha" moment?
Make small steps and you will see a difference!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #4  

Thanks for all of your support. I am feeling much better today. I spent a lot of time looking at the goals section and that did help. My Ah ha moment was when my boyfriend of about 10 yrs basically let me know he was aware of my weight gain. He said that he is terrified that if we get married and have kids that I will leave him all alone bc something bad happens to me due to my health. My health is fine right now(I'm extremely active), but the way my weight is going , it wouldn't be for long. It was really hard to hear, but it made me realize that I need to make a change. He has a history of alcohol and drug abuse and he has fought that battle. Just like weight issue's/food issues, he fights it everyday. He's made changes in his life for his health betterment for our future and now its time for me to do the same. It doesn't help though that he is 6' tall 170lb man that wants to gain weight, while I'm always trying to lose, but we're gonna figure it out.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #5  
Round 2

S/C/G: 315/289.6/160

Height: 5'5

your story is almost the EXACT same as mine. down to the boyfriend with concerns, start weight, and the fact he wants to gain weight. know EXACTLY how you feel.

since I do most of the cooking I will just throw in some extra carby stuff for him while I have my low carb dinner. just pasta or rice usually.. nothing fancy. it's definitely doable and if you ever need someone to talk to who is basically going through the same thing just send me a message. what helps for us is that we have a fantastic vacation planned for next year when we are at or close to our finals goals. I always ask myself 'do I want this piece of bread or do I want to look half decent in a swimsuit next year on vacation'. it definitely helps. pick something together that you guys can do as a reward for all your hard work.

good luck in your journey!
pegeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:19 PM   #6  

Thank you so much everybody. I think this support group is going to make the biggest difference for me. I'm so happy I found this page
Old 04-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #7  
300+ Chick

Hiya! with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote