Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/208/170

Height: 5' 7"

Default A new leaf...

Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself officially to the forum (again.) I believe I have used this forum for several years and various WL methods... But I decided to join last month and be more active on here for support.
You see, about 4 years ago I started to work on losing weight. I had a 1 year old and had just gotten separated from my husband. Between having my son and the stresses of new-mommyhood/ combined with the obvious stress of a failing marriage, I was my biggest weight ever (mid 220s), apart from when I was actually pregnant... Over the next few years I would use LC, Paleo, myfitnesspal, etc. I even consulted a nutritionist and was eating keto-adapted. In general, LC does work for me. I got down to 190 and felt great. I've always been sensitive to sugar and watching carb intake really helped with that! But, I LOVE carbs! Pasta, pizza, potatoes, breads are among my favorite foods- more than sweets for me! So, back up I went eventually!
I got remarried this past summer and was holding at 205 around that time. But then it's like my 35th birthday brought with it a complete change. Even 1 small "cheat" and I would gain. I would eat salads and lean protein for lunch and normal dinners but the weight just kept climbing... I think hormones might be part of the problem as I've been working with my ob/gyn to get my cycles under control, etc. At the start of 2015 I was back up to 215. I decided to look into alternatives to IP, since that's way to expensive for me, and ended up back on here! I found diet direct and decided to try their Wonderslim core plan for 4 weeks. Of course, the week before I had to indulge so when I actually started the plan I was up to 219...
It's been 2 weeks OP. I LOVE it! I'm down 11 lbs and I feel great! My blood sugar has been stable, my blood pressure has been good (which I started taking pills for in December)... Just when I'm hungry, it's time for a "meal." The first few days were an adjustment but that cleared quickly... Now I don't even crave foods. I sat while my family had cheesecake for dessert and was able to say no. I ate my packet and vegetables at work on Friday while my coworkers had ordered out from a favorite italian restaurant... It was totally manageable! I can do this! This time, I'm turning over a new leaf and hoping to get back to a permanent ONEderland!
linstar45 is offline   Reply With Quote