Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 323.6/256.2/200

Height: 5'7

Default Starting over

Hello all,
Unfortunately, I am back on this site after losing a large amount of weight 2 years ago. My husband and i found out e were pregnant October 2013 and that when i undid everything i worked so hard to do. I was eating EVERYTHING and would just excuse it away by saying i was pregnant. Now I'm flooded with negative emotions daily! AND this should be a happy time for me with my sweet daughter.
I'm feeling embarrassed and ashamed that i have wasted all the hard work i accomplished just for the instant gratification off a candy bar or container of ice cream.
I'm angry that when i got pregnant i stopped caring and got to the point after delivery that i just didn't want to deal with my weight and now here i am HEAVIER than i have ever been!
I'm feeling guilty that I'm too big and hurt too much to get in the ground and play with my daughter, so she rolls around on the floor alone. I know that's not the kind of mom she deserves and i don't want to be that mom.
I'm disgusted that i can barely lift my leg to get in my pants anymore and that it physically hurts me to walk across my house. After my last weight loss i was walking 6 miles a day!
I'm hurt that my weight has impacted my intimate life with my husband!
I'm really struggling with eating because I'm a stay at home mom right now and it is so easy to snack all day.
But i am DETERMINED to lose this weight!
I am DETERMINED to like my appearance, again!
I am DETERMINED too want to leave my house again!
I am DETERMINED to not feel physical pain when doing daily activities!
I am DETERMINED to improve my love life
Most of all, i am DETERMINED to be the best mom i can be to my precious baby!
I have found that i have the best success when i have loads of support, ado that's what I'm doing here.
reddayherding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/209/140

Height: 5'7"

This is me!! I gained a ton while I was pregnant, then did not lose one pound when my daughter was born. I gained weight over her first year. Over the second year, I dabbled with different diets and yo-yo-ed up and down, eventually losing about 20 of the 100 I needed to lose. I struggle with overeating and binge eating. Food was my companion at home all day with my baby. I felt terrible physically and mentally.

I have finally committed to myself and to healthy eating, and have lost 10 lbs in the past 2-3 weeks on a whole foods plant-based diet. I have a long way to go, but I believe the commitment makes all the difference.

I love your determination! You WILL do this because you ARE worth it!!

Try to let go of the guilt and embarrassment. Today is a new day and you are doing your best in this moment. That's all we can do!
Intotherosegarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:23 PM   #3  

Do you have a plan in mind?
Old 02-23-2015, 11:04 PM   #4  

For the last week I've been using Herbalife and it seems to be going pretty great! I think just making up my mind that I'm going to win this battle is the biggest thing that's helping me! Thank you for your kind words! It's nice to know that I'm not alone in my situation.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:57 AM   #5  

I'm so glad you're off to a good start. Keep me posted!
Old 02-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/155/140

Height: 65 inches

reddayherding, I did the same thing. I was in the middle of my first weight loss journey when I got pregnant and due to a whole lot of circumstances, ate my way through the pregnancy (one car trip, I ate an entire bag of fun size Twix and to this day, I can't look at a Twix without feeling sick) and when my son was born, I was having other eating issues which affected my breastfeeding.
I finally got myself back on track in October and am struggling to get to my pregnancy weight at the moment. And I still have more to lose after that! I'm going back to South Beach to restart my healthy eating habits.
My in-laws did Herbalife for a while (but didn't stick with it); my father-in-law lost about 50 lbs but I don't know how much my mother-in-law lost. Enough that she fit in her dress for her son's wedding! Keep going!

Also, something that keeps me going is my son. I want him to see what healthy eating and healthy exercise habits look like. I never had that because my mom and my grandmother didn't model those behaviors, so I'm paving my own path.
crunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/194/144

reddayherding -- I hear you and find myself in a very similar situation to the one you mentioned above. I actually weigh now more than I did when I delivered my youngest. I would love to have another baby, but at this weight, it just doesn't seem smart or healthy for me or baby. I have two girls -- 2 and 4 years old and their body types are VERY different. I want to get healthy for me, obviously, and to feel better about how I look and feel, but I also want them to see me being HEALTHY and not always being self deprecating about my weight in front of them. I'm doing Ideal Protein but look forward to hearing how your progress continues with Herbalife! Good luck -- we can do it
Jmschneider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/194/144

I'm trying to get to my pregnancy weight too, crunchymama! It's my first mini-goal, actually. Good luck to you -- we can do this
Jmschneider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:16 PM   #9  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I am in this exact same boat!! I literally just made a post talking about the same thing...I got pregnant in December 2013 (but my son was born early in July 2014), and I'm now at my highest weight ever. I even had a playground story/wake-up call. It's the worst, and I'm right there with you. Your entire "I'm determined" list is identical to mine...and, we're even similar heights/weights.

So...as you can imagine, I'm rooting for you in a major way! We can do this.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:53 PM   #10  

Don't give up... just because you got pregnant you just need to work a little bit harder
Shanice Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #11  

It's comforting to hear that I'm not the only one in this situation. I'm happy to announce that things are going great and I'm down 7 pounds!